Thread: Sony notebook cant play movies on external monitor

Sony notebook cant play movies on external monitor

I have recently purchased a Sony notebook which allows to access personal video recorder and DVD palyer, it also has a port for connecting external monitor. My problem is that when I hook up onto the second monitor for viewing the movie the movie goes black but the audio is still working. When i slide it halfway back onto the notebook and the other half is still onto the monitor. I am able to view half on the laptop but the monitor is still black. Please can someone help me to fix this problem.

Re: Sony notebook cant play movies on external monitor

Hello i guess this is a common problem encountered by everyone who wants to use external monitor with their laptop. However there are various solution for this kind problem. Since you are hearing the audio but not the video so for this you might have to move the player which you want over to the monitor on which you want to see the movie. Then you should Stop the video and then again press Play and then you would be able to see the movie along the already working audio. Try this out and see whether it works or not.

First of all have you set your monitor to primary mode and your laptop monitor to secondary mode. If not then you must do it first. Now try playing the movie see if you can able to the video onto the monitor. If your problem is not solved then turn off your laptop and the switched it on again then you would be able to watch and hear the the movies clearly on the external monitor.

The reason for your problem is that when you play the movie on your laptop and then slide it onto the monitor, the video engages drivers that access the hardware in this case the external monitor directly and thus your are not able to view the video onto the monitor in the middle while the movie is playing. So what you can do is that you should change which monitor it displays on by moving the playback program to the monitor before starting the movie on.

Firstly, check which player are you using to play the video. If you are not able to view the video properly onto the monitor with that player you must try playing the movie with a different player. If that doesnt solve the problem then you should try playing different movie see if that works for you. I would suggest you to use VLC player as even i am using that to play movies on external monitor.