Thread: Macbook Pro late 2008 screen flickering

Macbook Pro late 2008 screen flickering

I have Macbook Pro late 2008. The machine has been no problem until I plug in my external monitor: a Dell 24 "2408 WFP that I used before without problems with an iBook G4. In its resolution external maximum / optimal, with a black screen or high contrast (take the lightning from Apple) or an HD movie, there is very much snow more or less present in 24. "From Occasionally (especially in Wake or with a switch to the entry screen), we observe large flash / flash partial or full screen. This does not appear visible at high resolution. Graphics mode (battery or performance) does not appear to influence. I do not have equipment allowing me to test a single chain cable (adapter apple prices, a single DVI cable). I would do the tests the day released a Mini-DisplayPort to HDMI or DisplayPort. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Macbook Pro late 2008 screen flickering

You need to check this:
    1) The size of my MacBook is perfect for me because of my mobile use. That said, I want to buy an external monitor in addition to gain comfort when I get home. The problem is that there are essentially screens 16 / 9, where the MacBook is 16/10. I understand that it was no problem to switch to an external monitor (and make her a sort of MacBook UC), but I ask myself this question on a screen 16 / 9, the image will be- Does the MacBook distorted or use a proper resolution?
    2) For reasons of software compatibility, I'll have to install Windows 7 with Bootcamp. Sub Mac OSThe battery management seems perfect: the load off when the battery is fully charged, avoiding wear prematurely battery. But what about Windows 7? Once the battery is full, the MacBook goes there automatically sub-sector?

You need to aware that if you want to connect your MacBook (Or your MacBook ProOr your MacBook Air) To an external display, you will need an adapter that is not supplied with your machine. This adapter comes in two models: one to the VGA, A line of DVI. Note that if you have a laptop from Apple recently, you should opt for an adapter Mini DisplayPort (To VGA or DVI). Instead, if you have a slightly older model, it is the adapter Mini DVI (To VGA or DVI) You should select.Once you have the adapter, just plug in your ass MacBook and paste it on your screen via the cable that goes well. Once the machine started, simply go into dedicated to the settings screens to specify the resolution of your monitor and the type of desktop you want (extended or replicated). Nothing too difficult, so ... Well yes and no, because there was a subtlety to know. If you opt for the office replied, posting on the external display is not great. Even choosing a high resolution, you may indeed you enter an office the size of that of your MacBook. Not terrible.

To save the screen of his MacBook, you may want to use an external display. To do this, simply follow these steps:

* Connect your MacBook to the sector: Can not use the procedure on battery
    * Connect your external display via the mini display port.
    * Connect a keyboard and mouse via USB (this is where we regret that the Macbook Pro 15 "has only two)
    * Close your MacBook
    * Then press a key on the keyboard and voila, you work on the external display only.

You must know that Apple is not noted for its compatibility and willingness to share the Macintosh environment. So to connect a TV screen to your Macbook, it's very complicated, it is necessary that your TV is relatively new and you buy 2, see 3 different cables. The simplest way to connect your MacBook to an Apple: the "LCD Cinema Display". Then just connect the cable supplied with the screen (1 USB, 1 Mini Display Port and take a decision Magsafe (power)). But hey if you do the calculation that gives a large amount of agent because: 1 Macbook Pro (€ 1,149) + 1 LCD Display Monitor (899 €) = € 2048! Frankly, I think you do not really need it (unless you use it for your work graphiste )) because the macbooks screen is really beautiful! (I have 2).

If the level of performance, it is true that a PC and a Mac can be equivalent, it always comes back to the same problems, the operating system and viruses. Mac has a highly efficient and does not know for the moment the virus, PC has more software suite provided. Final Cut is undoubtedly one of the editing software the most successful, when you add the possibility now to install two operating systems or using hard drives with Firewire 800, I think the choice is quickly made (at least for me!). It may also be more interesting to a Mac may be selling more easily than a PC to change after a more powerful model. To conclude, I think if you want to do editing on final cut (see a bit of motion) and if you want to be alone in connecting a monitor and an external hard drive, you should get a mac book pro who still has a real graphics card and firewire 800.

As time passes, the prices of fine and large screens down. We feel so strongly tempted to connect his MacBook to his beautiful little brand new TV (see "mere" external screen). Although the tool setup of our beloved Mac OS X is very easy to use for what is the use of two displays simultaneously: either by using the mode "video mirroring" or the "Normal" mode with screens side by side, it is less convenient when you want to save the life of the screen and use the external display. I do not necessarily have searched all the websites to find a tool that does so perfectly, so I'll just say that I have not found. However, it remains possible, but for that you need a keyboard and mouse plugged into the (s) port (s) USB (I have not tried with bluetooth).

The concept is not new, but there is a performance that seems to be particularly successful: Henge Docks are the docking stations and MacBook MacBook Pro 13, 15 and 17 ".The principle is simple: it connects the Henge current Dock, USB, FireWire and Ethernet and screen, and there slides Mac to quickly switch from one mobile station to a small office. The SuperDrive is placed on top, so always be accessible. Only the model for MacBook Pro 13 "is already availableFor a price between $ 59.95 and $ 64.95, considerably cheaper than what we usually see. It must be said that the Henge Dock is a very simple solution to this problem, since it uses the MagSafe MacBook, and merely replicate the ports of the Mac that hosts (and will require an adapter if DisplayPort is not compatible screen). Other models are available.

did not have much depth the issue of eeePC connected to a monitor that I tried (successfully) to use on an overhead projector and a flat screen. In the end it feels really nice if a machine is required to work several hours on it when it is connected to a monitor: Me I hang completely. Strongly eeePC 8.9 "Moreover, since it will provide significant visual comfort.