Thread: On full screen Ati 5850 crashes

On full screen Ati 5850 crashes

Hi,
    I use a video card on my system for watching the videos. I have a ati sapphire 5850 video card. When i watch the video on the normal mode, then i am able to see the video properly and when i watch it to expanded mode at the full screen it crashes. I have no idea why i am facing this problem? If any one knows about this, then please give your reply.

Re: On full screen Ati 5850 crashes

Even i was facing the same problem on the laptop. When i use to watch the video on the full screen then my system use to get crashed. But soon i founded the solution for that from. I am sharing this solution with you. Right click on the video and disable your hardware acceleration. After doing this now try to run the video on the full screen and see what happens.

I will recommend you to do the following things on your system. First try to update flash player and the see what is the difference you are getting, if your problem is not getting solved by doing this, then try this thing. you must be having the GPU driver installed so update the GPU drivers. Hope that at least this will solve your problem.

I did the same as you told. I have updated the flash player and also updated the GPU drivers. I also disabled the hardware acceleration in the videos. After doing all this thing i am able to watch full screen video. I am getting the big mouse pointer problem, this i guess is happening due to the fault in the GPU driver. I think that i will be able to solve this problem by using the new driver. Thanks for the reply.

Initially i also use to get the same problem. So i thought that the problem may be with the windows, but soon i got the solution. I removed the card from the slot and replaced it with the 8500GT video card. After doing this it started working down without any issue and i got sure that the problem was with the Ati 5850 card