Thread: No Video on boot on new DQ43AP

No Video on boot on new DQ43AP

I have recently bought a new desktop computer with Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 processor, Intel DQ43AP motherboard and 4 GB RAM with 250 GB hard disk. My problem is that I don't receive any video output when booting Windows. I can see No Signal message on the screen. Initially I thought that it was because of connection issue. But I have checked everything but nothing fixed this. What can be done to solve the problem?

Re: No Video on boot on new DQ43AP

Can you hear any beep sounds? What was the sequence of the beep? Also try removing everything and start your computer with minimum components inserted. Make sure you have only cpu, motherboard, graphics card (avoid it if not required), minimum of RAM stick, hard disk, power supply. If this works then your component is the source of the problem. Reset BIOS and see if it boots now.

Maybe your onboard VGA is faulty and thus not working. I think there is no pcie 16x slots for video cards and so you should try for a pci vga card to see if this is actually related to vga problem. If this isn't then the problem comes from the motherboard. Some times the video problem occurs because of the ram isn't seated properly or the video card wasn't installed properly.

I think you have to reset the CMOS by removing the battery and all that. Also, try to boot with just 1 stick of ram and see system boots. If this isn't working then check the northbridge. Northbridge can also affect the video output. The chip on the motherboard allows the video card to communicate with the CPU.

Here are some of the basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure that all the system components are compatible. You may refer Intel website for this information.

2. Reset CMOS settings.

3. Restart your computer and boot into Windows with just the memory and cpu installed. You should have three beeps. If you get it then that clearing indicates that the cpu and motherboard are working.

4. Remove your motherboard and keep it on a table and try booting it with only basic hardware attached outside the case. This helps you to know nothing is getting short inside the case.

5. If nothing of the above works then check each components on a different computer one by one and make sure that every part is working fine.

I tried booting Windows with just the motherboard, processor, all ram module, video card but nothing worked. I am currently running the motherboard, video card, cpu, 1 GB ram, psu but still getting a No Signal alert message on my monitor. I think I am missing something else.

unsure Re: No Video on boot on new DQ43AP

I have same prob, with amd 1900+, 32 bit I do get a single beep that repeats. what could be cause and how tyo reset bios on amd chip??

It is possible that the vga on the motherboard is damaged or may not be functioning not working fine. Basically BIOS flashing fix out issue many a time but if the same is not working then you will need to send the board to the service center. There are some parts which are not compatible with the motherboard and the same cause the issue. Try intel support for that.