Thread: AX1700-U3700A won't run with video card installed

AX1700-U3700A won't run with video card installed

My friends Acer X1700 was not getting the power supply therefore I was working on that. There was no light, sound or anything. I thought that it is a power supply issue therefore I installed a new one for that but that was also not helpful. After that I removed the video card and found that it get started and when I again inserted the video card it gives me the same error. In short when I insert the video card, it do nothing but when I remove the card it runs fine. Can you tell me what is the problem? I am waiting for your replies. Thank you!!!

Re: AX1700-U3700A won't run with video card installed

There may be problem with your video card. Your video card is the one which is creating the issue. What you have o do is just install any other video card on your computer and see whether it get started or not. If it starts then it will will give you clear idea that your video card is having some fault. Get a new video card and install it in your system. This will definitely going to help you.

Your motherboard may be creating the issue for your video card. Therefore whenever you plug-in that to your computer then it is stops working. what you have to do is just install a new motherboard to your computer and it may solve the issue. In many of sch cases I have seen that it installing a new motherboard solves the issue. You should also try this. I hope this solves your problem. Good Luck!!!

I have bought an MSI NVIDIA GeForce N9800GT Video Card and when I was installing that I got some problem with that. Whenever I connect it to my computer, it recognized the card automatically installed some drivers on its own but I am not able to use that. Everytime when I try to use that it shows me some message like “incompatible display drivers”. I never had this problem with my video card. Please help me.
    www.techarena.in

You should uninstall the previous card driver before plugging the new one in. Once you uninstall the previous card completely then try to connect the new card and this time I don't that it will install any driver on itself. Now you can install the new appropriate driver for your new video card. This will let you out of the issue that you are facing. I did this when I was getting the error which was almost same like yours.

If you are getting problem with your current driver then you can try the drivers from some other places like NVIDIA site or MSI site or you can also try the driver which is there in CD which comes with the box. Try these drivers and I a sure that any of the driver from these will solve the issue for you. Do remember to uninstall the existing driver for your video card before installing these driver.

While installing new driver for your video card, you have to disable the onboard card before you connect the new card. I think that the ati drivers are trying to use the use hybrid crossfire with the Nvidia card and which is creating problem for you. After uninstalling the ATI drivers you have to reboot your computer and enter in BIOS settings and enter in settings for integrated peripherals. Disable the onboard gpu or graphics. After all that save and exit it. Again reboot the system and install your NV card.