Thread: Triple Monitor Support on Optiplex 960

Triple Monitor Support on Optiplex 960

I have a 960 by means of the customary Intel onboard 4 sequence video and the optional DVI adapter card powering two E2310H's. Additional than it in addition comes by means of a DisplayPort correlation. Be able to I utilize that to add a third 23" monitor, similar to the P2310H, and spread my desktop across the entire three monitors. I am not capable to make available the reply additional than might you elaborate on the "OPTIONAL DVI ADAPTER" part.

Re: Triple Monitor Support on Optiplex 960

Perhaps you be able to take a give the impression of being at this adapter too. As I declare in a previous posting, I encompass my Optiplex 960 as a company-issued system and I not be able to install no matter which without going from side to side the IT Department. I am sending a connection to an adaptor that costs a diminutive in excess of $10.00. I in addition looked at the Optiplex 960 tech specs and saw that the three probable video cards that this computer uses are the entire capable of multi-monitor function.

The 960 I encompass has the customary incorporated Intel GMA 4500, which gives you a VGA socket and a DisplayPort socket on the back panel, and I supplementary the discretionary DVI full-size adapter card that Dell sells for $10 (Product Code ADAPTF, SKU [320-5111]). So I presently comprise a monitor plugged into the VGA socket and an additional plugged into the DVI socket. That tranquil leaves me by means of the DisplayPort socket unused. This is why I am wondering if my 960, as it is organize, be able to hold up or maintain 3 monitors or is it that the DVI adapter uses a video channel generally used by the DisplayPort. I wonder this for the reason that the Intel driver window demonstrates a Monitor and a Digital Display.

I tried the similar thing. I was previously using the DisplayPort dongle by means of the VGA port. I borrowed the dell fraction you referred to on top of an installed it. The entire it did, though, was present a third substitute to assign to one of the two "Display Selections" where that had formerly merely been two. When I decide the "new" one in place of the old, it does certainly begin to drive the additional display, additional than put out of action the previous one. It does not seem to let you drive a third display concurrently. If somebody from Dell be familiar with how to accomplish something dissimilar, I would welcome the input. It seems peculiar that it would even be familiar with a third display device additional than not be capable to drive them concurrently. The Intel display adapter has plenty of memory committed to it.

Lots of graphics cards are prepared by means of 3, 4 or even additional monitor connectors. Additional than the entire consumer graphics chips from moreover Intel or NVidea be able to merely sustain or maintain 2 at a time in view of the fact that they merely have 2 clock generators. ATI HD5xxx graphics that ship by means of at least 1 DisplayPort connector be able to sustain or maintain 3 monitor if that monitor is associated via a native Displayport cable OR you encompass an ATI Certified ACTIVE DisplayPort-to-DVI adapter dongle. The $10 part talk regarding is a passive adapter and determine to not work.

I had a suspicion that would be the case when I supposed "Or is it that the DVI adapter uses a video channel generally used by the DisplayPort. I speculate this for the reason that the Intel driver window demonstrates a Monitor and a Digital Display."I am able to positively get hold up or maintain for a 3rd monitor (and almost certainly a 4th) by adding a second graphics card, even though I not be able to be certain if Windows 7 determine to stretch my desktop across the entire of them without special driver hold up. As it is, I determine to be changing apparatus and getting one that has an AMD (officially ATI) eyefinity graphics card.

In view of the fact that you are purchasing an additional apparatus anyways, there is one additional choice. If you purchase an innovative apparatus that uses an AMD chipset (not immediately an AMD CPU, additional than one where the entire the major components are AMD) such as the Dell Studio XPS 7100 there is characteristic called ATI Surroundview. It permits you to utilize together the onboard and PCI-E graphics (has to be an appropriate AMD based card) at the identical time. This would make available up to 4 monitors without having to purchase a DisplayPort monitor or dongle.