Thread: Connecting VGA to HDMI LCD

Connecting VGA to HDMI LCD

Hello,
    I try to connect my PC via the VGA video card, to a Phillips LCD. It has a scart and HDMI. The instruction manual indicates the need to acquire a DVI - HDMI what seems to be an aberration, the output of the video card is VGA. Using a VGA-DVI adapter would allow it to solve the pb. I am afraid of an incompatibility or loss of signal quality (analog pass - digital). I call on the experience and expertise of each of you. Thank you.

Re: Connecting VGA to HDMI LCD

I'm in the same case as you. I only have one VGA output and an LCD Philips also. THE Converter VGA / DVI cable plus DVI / HDMI this will cost you few dollars. The solution I adopted, but I am not if you have the same output, of a VGA cable with BNC 5petits BNC / RCA ==> VGA cable is obtained RGBHV (VGA one side and 5RCA other side of memoir Red Green Blue Black and Grey) that allow me to obtain image quality comparable to HDMI. Note that in this arrangement, the sound does not pass (Problem solved simply by connecting the Home Theater DIRECTLY on the computer)

Firstly it is impossible to move from an analog signal (TV-out, RGB, YUV, VGA, Scart) to a digital signal (DVI-D, HDMI) without using an expensive converter non-existent ( HDMI is protected by an electronic chip encoded and is a registered trademark that can display high definition when both ordinary TV units are equipped with HDMI or DVI with HDCP, HDCP is the smart coded). The only way to display the computer to a TV is through the interface supported on both devices. This means that both devices must be connected to analog-digital-analog or digital. Within the two groups simply use a cable and / or adapter to work (except in the case just VGA-SCART, it's stupid eh?), At least for the image! Indeed, only the scart and HDMI carry the sound through the same cable. For what is the solution with a TV tuner and VGA cable I do not see the point that even the image quality is limited by the TV receiver while the VGA supports 1080p 1920P perfectly (except for HD movies with protection) as long as your monitor allows it too. But back to the basic problem posed long ago, hidden in the responses, there were already the most rational solution to its problem is to acquire a new graphics card supports HDMI ATI Radeon 2400 type Pro and that will be run screen with his PC. It is quite possible (but I have not found "Madrics VGA Box") there is a VGA to SCART interface (since the inverse exists, I found it!) But it would certainly cost more than the graphics card sold, she has millions of copies, almost. Finally I am sure I say things unclear for some time feel free to ask questions on obscure parts.

I leave my netbook (Acer Aspire One) to vga because for me the only possibility, and I get on my samsung plasma screen because I have no vga input on the screen ... (just YUV, Scart, HDMI, ...). I buy a vga cable input / output YUV, everything is plugged into the screen, it recognizes but can not put any picture on the tv, I mark either "no signal" or it shows me "unsupported mode" when I try to activate it.

What do you mean, you do not have a DVI port on your graphics card? If you have one, you can just connect your card to your HD display through
    a DVI <-> HDMI ...
    And if I do not have it on my board can I replace or change it. Good by cons what kind of cable is not really given. More clarification is appreciated. Thank you.