Thread: Samsung HL-R6178W DLP TV screen problem

Samsung HL-R6178W DLP TV screen problem

Recently bought a Samsung HL-R6178W DLP HDTV and a computer assembled with Samsung monitor. I bought the TV to use with it. Up to the last 2 days it works great, after that I found a problem, the one (right) side of the screen is appears in a black shadow. One of my friends says it may for the DMD and suggest me to replace the light engine. Is he correct? Any suggestion.

Re: Samsung HL-R6178W DLP TV screen problem

Your friend is right, the DMD suite is may a cause for the issue regarding your screen. I had a similar problem. But did manually with my own risk. I removed the picture bulb. And then clean it carefully. After that when I again attach it gives me good picture, no problem. Try this, but remember that it is case sensitive. Be careful when you remove the tube from your case.

It may be you picture bulb problem, first remove the screw and then from the back side pull the lamp, where the back cover is access the lamp tape. You should found a blue spark, remove the tape and attach another bulb(new). Check the lamp light which is in the back side, and turn on the TV. You also need to check lamp cover switch, DMD board, color wheel, fans. After all the checking unplug your TV and again turn on it after few minutes.

I had an experience on similar type of problem with my HLR6168WX/XAA. The problem is most recent, it flashes black screen in the screen. Even though I have the extended warranty device. I tried in every shop for repair it, also in some other ways to fix it. But nothing is worked till now. So, I post here my problem for any positive response. Any answer....