Thread: 780i failing - suggestions for new kit

780i failing - suggestions for new kit

My XFX 780i is failing. USB hub has gone. I have switched to an Intel board and used one of my XFX 8800 GTXs in it for the time being. I am looking for a substitute board but it might be next year before I have the finances. My wife wants wallpapering done and a new fence in the garden - I know, terrible priorities so I might be miss out the current Core I processors and wait till the die shrink. By then there should be more of a choice of SATA 6 GB/s and USB 3.0 Any idea for new kit in case I upgrade sooner? I think I have posted this in the wrong forum. Could one of the moderators change it, please?

Re: 780i failing - suggestions for new kit

Do not worry about that because I understand you always going to keep the wife happy over anything else I am a builder and I am still trying to finish my family home hard work. for me I had a xfx 790i for my second gaming rig I had lot of problems but had heaps of help round here to fix it FROM THESE VERY HELPFUL GENTLEMAN , iv since updated to i7 and the Fermi cards going to say love the new rig and won’t look back! I have purchased this is my new mobo EVGA X58 CLASS 4way sli been loving this have had no problems! a real easy to put together setup a bit of a over kill unless running 4 way sli but i like it cause my mobo not to packed and have spear slots, hears the 3 way version of this mobo EVGA X58 CLASS 3 WAY SLI MOBO P.S Techarena support is the shiizzzzznet yo best I have had.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

I was so used to posting in this forum last year that I posted here by force of habit. I got great help here with my 3-way SLI setup 8800 GTXs. Had a long thread going about the cards high temps. Then I realized I was running BOINC and SETI. Duh! I am looking for a builder at the moment. Wouldn't it be great if we could pour concrete down the oul interweb? I think cross posting is verboten. I will read the faq’s again. I have to read up on the Core i. And a lot of the members speak highly of evga.

Now I do not have any issue related to the failing of the 780i in this I want latest update related to the latest bios update for evga 780i.I desire to obtain the most up to date version but I am not able to figure out which one that is.For this you just go to the evga site and there you search for the 780i biosand there you will find more than 200 threads. For which thread you have to go sorry I do not have any idea related to this. Thanks for any help you can give.
    Last edited by Selvaraj-N; 28-09-2010 at 11:25 PM. Reason: post edited

I have also upgrading my e8400 to a q9650 and doing this around couple of years has been passed since I have updated my bios. And I think it would be a good time. And in this Difficulty is, I do not be acquainted with where to discover the latest bios on EVGA's site, and I also do not remember that where the windows software update utility is.
    Last edited by Common; 28-09-2010 at 04:04 AM.

I have also faced this from long time then I have searched a lot then finally I got the address of one of the forum site and from there I have just got the bios update in the forums. And ya if you think that it will be the old one then I must want to tell you that no it is wrong it is totally update of its. And now I just need to find the bios software update for the utility.

Like you I have also face this issue from long time but then I got the software from that it is get solved. You also download that software then I think your issue also gets solved. And you just simply download as according to your system:
    Windows vista for 32 bit
    Windows XP for 32 bit
    Windows 7 for 32 bit