Thread: GTX 460/470/480 compatibility issue?

GTX 460/470/480 compatibility issue?

This is just one thread out of numerous that details the trouble of the GTX 460/470/480 and those of us who appear to using Asus and Gigabyte boards with AMD chipsets. I am not able to confirm if all harms are based on AMD chipsets or not but many who post seem to have that issue. Anyhow, I am going to give it an additional 24 hours before I just RMA my GTX 460 and go with the Radeon 5850 which was my unique plan anyway. I am looking for some verification from Nvidia that this problem is being looked into. So far, it is just a bunch of angry owners of 200-500 dollar paperweights sitting inside our computers. I am running a standard VGA driver in 800x600 modes and I am sick of it after days of this crap. I have tried every beta driver I could find on the internet, tried disabling everything non-essential, tried over clocking my pci-e slot, etc. I am over it. Either announce something (talking to you Nvidia) or at least tell me to freak off so I can RMA this brick within my computer and go back to ATI once and for all. The whole reason I even bought this damn card is because of all the fanboys telling me that ATI has crappy drivers and Nvidia doesn't. Oh sweet irony. I'm putting a ticket in by noon tomorrow to get rid of this card if I don't hear something about a fix.

Re: GTX 460/470/480 compatibility issue?

By the way, angry people with problematic hardware/drivers are approximately 1% of the population. People that have working systems do not post successes on forums. Forums are usually negative and are full of problem threads. ATI has just have as many post of problems, check out rage3d on Google. It is the nature of support forums.
    Last edited by Wampanoag; 26-09-2010 at 04:05 AM.

Here I just want to know that is that update relation to the problem which is described in the link, which came at the time of opening the website. I want to inform that When I was visiting the site then I have found that most of the user getting same problem. And I am also very much curious regarding this issue. And is that a formal statement from Nvidia.

If ManuelG says it, it is pretty much official, but other than that, I do not believe the problem you are speaking of is addressed... I could be wrong, but I've not heard anything about it. Sorry to hear of your trouble. I have had mainly good experiences with nvidia, but if it's not working for you and there is no fix on the horizon, do what you got to do. Good luck.

ManualG is a Nvidia Technical Support member on this forum, he is the closest you will get in terms of formal statements, as most big companies try not to make formal statements. The update is in relation to whatever Nvidia gathered as issues, since their last release. I dunno if your issue will be apart of this next release as I didnt bother looking at your problem. I'm just passing along info you wanted to know. The response is found from this thread where people were asking for when the successor to 258.69 will come out.
    Last edited by Archibald; 05-10-2010 at 02:11 PM.

The problem with drivers nVidia has be temporary, soon leaves new driver with fixed problems, when at ATI problems with drivers last many long years, in new the version fixed something old, adding new malfunctions. So I think it will soon be fixed by them and after that we will enjoy it. Because I am also facing this.