Thread: Intel HD Graphics card vs ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 1GB for college laptop?

Intel HD Graphics card vs ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 1GB for college laptop?

I am using a laptop for my college use and i am not able to decide whether i should pay some extra t get an ATI Radeon graphics on this laptop or not. it has an Intel HD graphics now. Actually i am not gonna use this laptop for gaming at all, May play some time but not specially for gaming. Shall i do this expense on this laptop just for Video Streaming?

Re: Intel HD Graphics card vs ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 1GB for college laptop?

I do not think that Videos would be needing more graphics then high graphical games. So there is no need to add any high end graphic card to your laptop just for watching videos. And the laptop which you have has an Intel HD graphics which means that it can perfectly support HD video quality. So you should not worry about watching video on your laptop.

Intel HD Graphics supports future the simultaneous decoding of two streams stream HD video, all options to improve the picture in HD (some were previously only SD ) upscaling and improved benefiting DVD playback on high resolution screens , but also to any display when the resolution is lower at the native resolution of the screen because it is the same engine that does this.

If you use your netbook for watching HD movies since this update , numbered 3.3.0.32X 5.0.0.2019 for Windows XP and for Windows 7 brings support for playback of video encoded in High Definition WMV HD ( VC-1) from Microsoft . Intel does not specify if unfortunately it is a hardware decoder or software. The second hypothesis is more likely. Note that the drivers for the GMA 500 and Windows Vista are , themselves , not yet been updated and remain so for the moment the version 4.0.2 out last summer .

I am told he needed a graphics card with dedicated memory of at least 256 MB for proper viewing of HD videos on the net. But I guess you can watch after the movie in 1080p HD movie on youtube or else it's different because it's flash on the pump and not Proco CG and especially on your internet connection.

The Intel Graphics HD takes advantage of various small architectural enhancements to increase its effectiveness . The computational power increases according to Intel in practice over 50 % with more units , they spend 10 to 12, more temporary registers instruction cache and a higher. The internal caches have been improved to increase the effectiveness of texturing units and ROPs. Moreover, the 64-bit texture filtering is now at full speed . Lastly , the Hierarchical -Z can now spread more efficiently masked pixel.

Overall, if you do not play games or do nothing more than very light , an IGP is sufficient, regardless of whether that of a Core i3/i5 , a GeForce 9400 or an AMD 785G . Small differences in performance , support for PhysX acceleration on the second and support for DirectX 10.1 on the third one will bring you nothing more. The Intel drivers have improved and are no longer a valid reason to flee the GMAS .