Thread: Graphics cards, single card vs 2 sli cards?

Graphics cards, single card vs 2 sli cards?

I have some doubt about using single Graphic card and SLI. I want to know using single graphic card is good or using combination of card in SLI is better. Right now I have Asus SLI motherboard and I require updating my graphic card. I have one fix budget of around $400. I want to know that will it be better using single good graphic card or to use two normal card with SLI. Also provide me some suggestion about one good card or about two cards. Normally I prefer nvidia cards. And I am also confused between x2 PNY GTS250 but 1GB cards and Asus GTX275. I am waiting for your suggestion.

Re: Graphics cards, single card vs 2 sli cards?

You are already using awesome Asus SLI motherboard and I am happy to see that. For you lots of combination are available to use and you budget is also well enough for this combination. This combination has some very good motherboard tools and excellent features of over clocking. My choice will be Nvidia PNY GTS250 512MB GDDR3 Dual DVI HDTV out PhysX and Cuda ready PCI-E Graphics Card. These works very good in SLI and are in heart a rebranded Geforce 9800 gtx with 738 Mhz core clock and 512 mb of GDDR3 memory running at 1100 mhz and along with extensive 256bit memory interface this outcome in a memory bandwidth of 70.4gb/sec ..... other skin tone comprise physx and cuda support and direct x 10.1 compliance ...... in SLI these will work well ... i have a single XFX GTS250 and this runs well with my Pentium dual core ... so two will be excellent with around 75% extra performance when run in SLI

My choice is little bit different from you. And I have not seen any experience of using one good crad vs two graphic crad. So I cannot make comment on this. But my choice is ASUS 9800GT 1GB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card and its also popular on SLI card but not as GTS250 give because it is almost $35 cheaper than this. But it has 600MHz core clock and a great 1 GB of GDDR3 memory working at 900MHz. theses will be a very good choice for 22” display or for above. Its work wit 2GB vRAM and it is ASUS branded so it will work well with your Asus SLI motherboard.

Try XFX GT240 512MB DDR5 VGA DVI HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card. It is interesting card with some excellent space and also these again are not as fast as GTS250 or the 9800GT but they have some specific features. They will give you better performance on SLI configuration. These include a 550 MHz core clock and 512MB or GDDR memory clocked at 3400MHz DDR effective. They have a smaller 128bit memory interface however this is one reason to use these in SLI... another interesting spec is the 40nm GPU(graphics processing unit ) which equates to a quieter card and less power requirement. All these are some awesome cards and everything will work well in SLI

You should try Asus GTX275 896 MB GDDR3 with dual DVI out PCI-E Graphic Card and it price is around $25. And this GTX275 is awfully powerful card and as single card it’s earlier and more influential than the 2 GT240, and 9800GT and it’s almost same as two GTS250. Its specs console 633 MHz core clock and 896MB of GGDR3 memory working at 2268MHz DDR effective... theres a massive 448bit memory interface and 1404mhz shader clock aswell ... in a nutshell its a amazing graphics card .... Power requirements: 650watt psu with 40A or more on the +12v rail.

1. I will personally like to see the senior end video card rankings include not just SLI options. First, if you are upgrading an existing single card systemAnd SLI choice is not a choice. 2nd, if you are building new or do not have an SLI MB then that most excellent for $300 option is more like finest for $400 because in mainly cases you will pay $100 more to just set up SLI. It requires a bigger PSU than a single card system would need and most new SLI MBs, like the 780i series, are more expensive than the single card alternative, like a P35. IMO going to SLI is not the best option for many people. Nothing incorrect with including it in the review for those with a SLI capable MB but it should not replace what is the best card in that price range.

On one more optimistic note for ATI, Radeon HD 4850 cards appear to have resurfaced at the sub-$110 price point, bringing back some opposition for the GeForce GTS 250. On the flip side, ease of use of other models remains scant, and the dual-GPU Radeon HD 5970 remains difficult to find at retail. Some GeForce cards, such as the GTX 275 and GTX 295 are also hard to find, even though they are still officially in production and we had argue that, overall, they're more available now than they were a month ago.

I think so you should chose ATI HD 5770 Graphic card. It has some many features and new technologies. it takes unrivalled visually excellence and strong gaming performance and for today and tomorrow with hold up for Microsoft DirectX 11. With ATI Eyefinity technology obtains the final immersive gaming experience innovative ‘wrap around’ multi-display capability. Tap into the huge parallel processing power of your GPU with ATI Stream technology and tackle demanding tasks like video transcending with unbelievable speed. Experience the speed, responsiveness and performance of ultra-high bandwidth GDDR5 memory. ATI CrossFireX technology in dual-mode offers advanced scalability