Thread: Should I go for Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex?

Should I go for Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex?

I am really stuck with the decision of purchasing Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex. Frankly speaking I am not having enough knowledge about this card (I am very weak in selection of graphic card ) So I thought to take some information about the Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex. Any suggestions from your side would be grateful. Also I have heard that within the box with the Flex card there is an included HDMI to DVI adapter that we can utilize to connect THREE DVI monitors to this card.!! I am hoping that somebody will help me soon. I want to mention that I am having all the requirements needed by that card, so no issue of requirements.

Re: Should I go for Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex?

With the ATI Radeon HD 5770 has a hot fire in its own portfolio, since the card can compete without much competition in the mid-range segment to the customers. Because there is a real-GeForce opponent not yet on the map until now. Therefore, the Radeon HD 5770 is an important product for all ATi-board partners continue to provide from time to time, some new adaptations in the retailer shelves.

The same thing now with the Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex, which has a special feature. This is not about higher clock speeds, more memory or a better cooling system. Instead, it allows the 3D accelerator that Eyefinity can be used with up to three monitors without a counterpart with a display port. If a DisplayPort monitor is in the process, the Radeon HD 5770 Flex controlling even four devices simultaneously. A feast for all that is multi-monitor users. But the graphics card is also apart of it on the current state of affairs?

Sapphire previously held five versions of the Radeon HD 5770 in its own portfolio. With the Radeon HD 5770 Flex will add another.
    • Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 ATI Reference Design-Design: 1024 MB
    • Sapphire Radeon HD 5770: own design, 1,024 MB
    • Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 512 MB: Own Design, 512 MB
    • Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Vapor-X OC: own design, 1,024 MB, Vapor-X cooling system, house of overclocked
    • Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Vapor-X: own design, 1,024 MB, Vapor-X cooling system
    • Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex: own design, with three monitors Eyefinity without DisplayPort, DP with four monitors

The Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex is not currently available, what should change according to the manufacturer but in the next few days. A price is not yet known to us, but allow current listings of about 174 € proceed. The price varies but currently still strong.

I think that following information will be helpful for you.

Also I have heard that within the box with the Flex card there is an included HDMI to DVI adapter that we can utilize to connect THREE DVI monitors to this card.!!
    All three of these will be able to run at the equivalent time thanks to the "Flex" proficiency without involving any active DP adapters. In effect, this accumulates users about $100 ($30 with the newly announced adapters) over additional HD 5770 card for Eyefinity connectivity.

The performance of the Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex there is nothing to note at this point, since the manufacturer has left unchanged, and the frequencies of the 3D accelerator so as fast as the reference design. For the Radeon HD 5770 is on average 17 percent before the Radeon HD 5750 and 16 percent behind the Radeon HD 5830 back.

In the discipline of the volume is the Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex on Windows, although no new record levels, suggests there but good. With 44 decibels, it is not possible to distinguish the 3D accelerator of a closed case from the remaining components. The (old) reference design of the Radeon HD 5770, compared with 46 decibels louder. Under load the Radeon HD 5770 Flex it then has a little heavier. Although the product also proposes a distance of 0.5 decibels, the standard model, however, is not the volume with 51.5 decibels optimal. However, this is still a very good result, disturbing is the card while playing at any time.

When the temperatures are nothing to complain. On Windows, we measure low 37 degrees Celsius, while the RV840 GPU heats up under load up to 72 degrees. Thus, the results are almost exactly identical with those of the reference designs. On the chip back, we note a maximum of 51 degrees Celsius. Sapphire has in terms of power consumption of the Radeon HD 5770 Flex not changed compared to the reference design.

The RV840 GPU on the Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 Flex can overclock well. 960 MHz with a gain of 110 MHz is possible, before it comes to first image errors. The 1024 MB of GDDR5 memory can be overclocked to 300 MHz, which results in 2700 MHz. Depending on the application increases the performance so at ten to twelve percent. With the Radeon HD 5770 Sapphire Flex has created an eccentric who for a small audience may well be of interest. It's more or less everything as it has fooled the reference design from ATI for months, and offers the possibility of three monitors simultaneously operate free DisplayPort (with even four), an interesting unique selling point. The only question is what will cost the fun (in addition). There is no tangible street price for available tickets are not yet, the cost of Pre bold have amounted in recent days.

Even titles like Modern Warfare 2 I can play in the full resolution of 5040x1050 completely liquid. (Unfortunately, the multiplayer is distorted because of the three monitors and therefore increased be regarded as a cheat. For the single player but there's a simple tool that corrects the image distortion.) Grid also makes it really fun. Crysis would I not also to "ultra" play, but the other modes run stable liquid. And Dead Space is still uncanny. Granted, you can forget Antialasing at such high resolutions at almost every game, but that you also get a very different "views". Unfortunately, multi-monitoring is rarely supported by new games, especially if you include an online mode. In Starcraft 2, this is also known as "cheat viewed. MW2 and other shooters as well follow suit. Support the Games but the multi-monitoring "factory" run smoothly. Gaming with three monitors - it is probably more on the games.

Gaming with three monitors is very well done!! Even if the post appears on the card only 1680 * 1050, this is only valid for the whole new (or still upcoming) Top Tracks. I have about 1.5 years since the previous map HD4870 (also from Sapphire) in connection with a Matrox Triple Head2Go Digital. This allowed me to work with three monitors. Then I tried it but also with games. In short, I would not miss it anymore!! The reason why normally go only two non-DP monitors is that the graphics chip has only two output Fully featured with clocks that are necessary for DVI / HDMI. The remaining four outputs are DP only, simply because it is cheaper.