Thread: Is it worth keeping a card for Physx anymore?

Is it worth keeping a card for Physx anymore?

Currently I am having 9600GSO in SLI and this will possible update the GTX 460/470 in two or three weeks. The thing I want to know is that, is it worth keeping this 9600's in my computer system as the Physx card. Will this card make any difference in computer system or it will only consume processing power of my computer system. I will be waiting for the related reply.

Re: Is it worth keeping a card for Physx anymore?

To be obvious it will not make any difference. The GTX 460 graphics cards based on the GF104 chip and no longer in the high-end area on the GF100 chip. With about 1.95 billion transistors, compared to about 3 billion, the GF104 chip has not been certainly much slimmed down, but is still manufactured in 40nm process at TSMC.

Primarily consisting of new graphics processors from two GPCs (Graphic Processing Cluster) and hence two fewer than in the high-end range. These GPCs house next to the Grid Engine four Streaming Multiprocessors (shader cluster). Where were activated in the GTX 460 cards, only seven in number really. Each of these clusters has a maximum of 48 (32 in GF100) CUDA cores (stream processors, shader units).

NVIDIA GF104 would populate the chip is now full, would have 384 Shader units are available. This leaves "only" 336 units activated. Has doubled the number of TMUs from four to eight (Texture Mapping Units, texture units) and the SFUs (Special Function Units) for the sine and cosine calculation on 56th now what remains is a polymorphic engine per Streaming Multiprocessors, as well as an L1 cache per texture shader clusters and the L2 cache for all load, store and texture queries.

I just sold my GTX260 and next Saturday I will have to buy a new graphic card. I saw the battle as the hd5870 stay the same price as the gtx470! I realize that the hd5870 is a bit more preferable, but the other PhysiX, etc. Do you think the difference is large enough to preferably choosing ATI? I need suggestions related to this and I will be waiting for the related reply.

The 3d nvidia, I always heard there were many problems in rendering in game. Nvidia has the 3D evolution unless I do not know (most likely) is not terrible, ATI has the Eyeinfinity 3 monitors per card, you can play on three screens to see if more card. Obviously the image is distorted extremities but this does not prevent that the field of vision is greatly increased. Otherwise the 5870 levels performance easily beats the GTX470.

ATI has never equated to the equivalent generation of CG rendered image from Nvidia. Take it into account. PhysiX and the same it is a sacred after it as the means and tastes of each. My poor HD4890 which I agree very much level perf / price. All tastes are in nature. And then at this level, the 5% + or - you will not see them as I reassure.