Thread: No AA in StarCraft II with ATI Cards

No AA in StarCraft II with ATI Cards

I was hoping that NVIDIA is working hard to get the Anti aliasing with the StarCraft II, but I was disappointed to know that they were not able to do so till now and they will require more time for achieving this thing. Other thing that is frustrating is that there is no response related to this from AMD. I think that there is no possibility AA in StarCraft II with ATI Cards.

Re: No AA in StarCraft II with ATI Cards

Those who have the chance to test the beta StarCraft II with Radeon know well. It is impossible to trigger the Anti Aliasing and that at any level if it is an ATI card that manages the system display. With the official release of the game, AMD could not remain silent and issued a statement explaining that, for now, they always sought a solution with Blizzard to resolve this problem.

One solution has been rejected by the manufacturer of graphics cards. Namely, to manage this option directly via Catalyst. This would cause too much loss of performance for the solution to be acceptable. Here's the official press release gives an explanation, but leaves again and AMD Radeon stranded for the release of one of the most anticipated titles. While it would certainly have been better to manage it well before, with publisher.

ATI graphics cards to increase the strategy game StarCraft II, the blush: According to various forums and personal experience have to live with the owners of ATI accelerators without edge smoothing. Various attempts to bring about shenanigans with anti-aliasing, appear not currently working. In addition, before the latest Catalyst graphics drivers no such function for Blizzard's new PC title.

The GTX460 1GB loses only 4xFSAA almost 40% performance the 768MB version does almost 50%. You call "without severe performance degradation? The only card that recorded in the test, only slight performance penalty is expensive GTX480. A hotfix is also probably already in the pipeline you just need to search this hotfix. I hope this will solve the problem that you are facing.