Thread: HP Envy 14 - mini Displayport to 30 inch monitor

HP Envy 14 - mini Displayport to 30 inch monitor

I have a problem with my laptop as I am using Copmaq presario CQ62Z. I want to use a dual link DVI from a mini display port. As per the specification I have got the 5650 Mobility which may be able to support such functionality (resolution on the display port output). I am using accell adopter But use of this make some drivers disable to their functionality. Like ATI driver do not detect the driver. I think it is not supporting to some drivers. Is there any body who tried an adopter to drive the external DVI monitor with mini display port. If anybody have any solution or anybody used an adopter with the mini display port to DVI monitor then please suggest me how you have done this.
    Last edited by AADI-JI; 11-09-2010 at 08:10 AM.

Re: HP Envy 14 - mini Displayport to 30 inch monitor

I think there is problem with your adapter as you are using Accell adapter to function your mini displyport to an external VDI based monitor. Which is not supporting your ATI driver and other drivers too. I will suggest you to go with some sorta hdmi-dvi adapter instead of using this. Try using the described adapter for your laptop. I think this may help you to sort out the problem.

I am too having the same problem as you have .I don't have the solution but having the same problem with my adapter which is not functioning to support the drivers and when it is connected to the display it fails to support that means it does not detect. I am hoping it may be problem of the software or driver except of being laptop. I have tried many DVI cables with both dual and single link and with several monitor but unlucky.

Actually I already have used this HDMI adopter. But for 30 inch it is no sufficient as it does not support the maximum resolution that is 1280x800. I don't want to use the desktop it is like playing Duplo legos. I am looking for the more instead of using a computer desktop. Please any idea.

I think you should to look on the compaq site. They may have some solution about the mini display port to DVI monitor. As you have stated that you are using HDMI adapter but this is a single link connection but you need a dual link adapter. I have searched a lot on this and come to the solution that you should to go for a 1.3 which may be able support a resolution up to 2560x1600. I recommend you to look into that.

I think you should to go for the MDP with the adapter. It will work but there is a problem with it. I will work with the adapter but your ATI card will not detect the monitor. It will support to 2560x1600 resolution. For this you need a USB powered active connector. You can get a MDP to VGA adapter which will give you a resolution up to 2048x1536. But that will not on the 30". You can use this for a meantime.