Thread: Onboard videocard not working

Onboard videocard not working

I have updated my windows xp to windows 7 home premium 32bit. But after installing the windows 7 I recognize that my onboard video card is not working so I tried to install the the drivers for ATI Radeon HD 3200 video card and when I try to connect my cable to the VGA port so it give me the message of no signal found where as I was not having any problem with the windows vista. I want to know what is the problem with my PC and need proper solution for it.

Re: Onboard videocard not working

You have to make note that which version of video card are you trying in your PC.As most of the video card which as been launched before 2008 do not work on windows 7. You have to buy the new video card for your computer if you are going for the Windows 7 as your operating system. To some extent some of the video card drivers are updated for the windows 7 but most of the manufacturer company had avoid the driver support for the windows 7.

I am facing with the problem of onboard graphic card which work as the graphics controller on my system. It is like that when I connect the monitor to my PC and start on the PC it doesn’t display me anything and the monitor remain on the standby mode. I have tried 3 different monitor but the problem remain the same. I have no idea about the PCI express in my computer. So I want to ask whether I can get some solution for my problem or I need to get the new card.

I brought a new motherboard and I upgraded my old window XP machine to Window Vista which come along with ATI HD 3200 onboard video card. As I have the ATI onboard so I went through the installation and downloaded the drivers from the website and install it on my computer. Then even I started facing the problem of missing video card. So, I just took the motherboard CD which I have received from the service provided and install the previous drivers which I got from the motherboard and now my PC is start the performance as it use to work. So it might work for you also so just try it.

If your onboard video card is not working then you can reformat your computer and then install the new windows in your computer. Then once you are finished with the installation part then try to install the drivers one by one and at last go for the updating of the drivers. If your computer still giving you the problem then try to clear your bios and then update it properly.

I have a friend of my is having a HP destop computer at home and his onboard video card stop working so he brought the new ATI video card but it did not worked. He tried to connect the different monitor on it but it did not work. So he tried his monitor on another PC it works . I also tried to reboot my friend computer and gave him the latest drivers for his computer but still it did not help him. I need a proper solution to guide my friend to solve hi onboard video card problem.

If you are not getting any display then you must see that your RAM is working or not as the onboard video card is related on the system memory as a result if your RAM is not working then automatically your video card also stops working. If you are having various slots of RAM then try to fix it to another slot and then watch out for the result. But still your problem is not solved then its only problem with your onboard video card. You can get solve your problem by just sending the motherboard to the service provider and get replaced with the new onboard video card.