Thread: Windows not recognizing NVidia GeForce 8400M GT

Windows not recognizing NVidia GeForce 8400M GT

I am having a HP laptop with Windows 7 install in it recently.But my windows 7 is no detecting the video card of NVidia 8400M GT. I am not able to find it in the device manager. I have downloaded the new driver for my laptop but still the problem persist. So I want to know how I can get the solution that how my computer can detect the video card.I also tried to download the drivers from the NVidia official website but it does not solve my problem.
    Last edited by AM $ AI; 09-09-2010 at 03:08 AM.

Re: Windows not recognizing NVidia GeForce 8400M GT

If you are having the Nvidia graphic card is not detecting then you must that your graphic card is properly situated or fix on your motherboard. If that is done and you still found the problem then just properly clean the graphic card and replace it back on the motherboard . I have tried this on my PC hope so it might work on your PC too.If this doesn't work then you need to get the new graphic card or replace it from the service provider.

Firstly make it sure that your motherboard support the NVidia card and then install it ion your PC. If it is not responding then you should go to the uninstalling of the drivers and again reinstalled it. After reinstalling it get the system restart once again. This might help you to get fix with your problem.you should also update your Nvidia driver to keep it working properly.

I was having the problem in my desktop with the Nvidia card so I confirm that I should have the latest driver from the Nvidia website for my 64 bit Windows 7. I have also tried of unplugging of the card and uninstalling it from the device manager then reinstall it again on my system . I also tried rebooting the system but not able to find my Nvidia card. I want to ask whether it would be helpful to reformat my system to get solve with this problem.

I consider that the Nvidia driver is not the correct driver for your motherboard . You should first check it out. If you are done with the check then you should get through the setting in the control panel. You should use DirectX 9 for playing the games where as you should have DirectX 10 for the latest windows 7 . So, before installing the Nvidia card get sure with it that you have install the latest DirectX for the windows you are using.

I have upgraded my PC with AMD 3800+X2 with a Nvidia Geforce 8400. I have the problem with the graphic card not detecting by my Windows & operating system. I have also found out my motherboard is compatible with the graphic card. I also clear my BIOS and updated it but nothing work. I have also clean my graphic card slot but I still persist with the same problem of not detecting it.

If you are having the Nvidia graphic card and it is been not detecting by your windows then try to update the windows from the windows website and also update your Nvidia graphic card from the Nvidia website and restart your PC. If you are not sloved with your problem then try to replace your Nvivdia card from the service provider. This will help you as the service provider will repair your card and clear all the error which occurs om your system.