Thread: Video's crashing the display driver (ATI HD5870)

Video's crashing the display driver (ATI HD5870)

I have recently install windows & in my PC and having the problem with the crashing of video in my PC. It seem that it is the issue of display driver due to which I am facing this problem. My windows 7 operating system is 64 bit and having 3 GB Ram with ATI Radeon HD5870. I have to face the crashing of the video when I am trying to play any embedded video such as for youtube. I also facing some trouble while playing some video files on window media player. I need the solution to get rid with this problem.

Re: Video's crashing the display driver (ATI HD5870)

In this case if you are having the problem with your video crashing then just try to download the PowerDVD 8 and and Quicktime to play your video file. I also try to reinstall the windows 7 with that I also tried to install the updated ATI driver .Then at last I just tried to install the update of the DirectX which solve my problem to some extent. It may help you too to get sove with your video crashing problem.

My uncle was having the same problem with the video card . He just sent it to the service provider from where he got his computer and the service provider took the video card and upgraded it and now the youtube video are working fine on my uncle’s machine. But he is still facing the problem with some files of video like .wmv and .mpg in his window media player.

Even I am having the Windows 7 in my computer with the ATI HD5870 which was giving me the same problem of video crashing so I just send my card back to the testing centre and they clear all the inappropriateness with the mother board . They upgraded the card and provided me the updated display drivers to me. Now, it is quite comfortable to watch the video on the youtube and also don’t have problem with video playing.

My cousin was having the windows 7 and was getting and error during the playing of video. So , he just updated his video card but still he was still facing the problem with the playing of video on the youtube. I also tried to reinstall my windows 7 operating system but that also doesn’t solve my problem. That’s why I am also looking for the proper guidance to get solve with my problem of video crashing.

If you are facing the problem with the video then just uninstall your display driver and then install the updated display driver .You can get the updated drivers from the windows 7 official web site then you should install it on your machine .After the installation then restart your computer and then try to play the video . Hope it works as it worked for me .If this does not work then you need to replace your video card from the service provider.

I tried to install the 9.11 drivers in my windows 7 machine and after installing it I also updated my bios to get solve with the problem . But if you still persist with the problem the update your drivers but make sure that you have download the update which is compatible with your motherboard. On the other hand the bios updating should work and also see that you are not using the out dated version of flash player .If you are having the outdated version then see that you update it from its official site and then play the video on youtube. It may work and solve your problem.