Thread: New graphic card is lagging

New graphic card is lagging

I have a really big problem! And although my computer has been running since small changes to the hardware not the same again. The following happened:
    I have long wanted to have a new video card, so I decided this week to buy me a new one. It's the 'GAINWARD GTX 460 1GB'. As my old no name PSU was not enough, I had to get me a new power supply. So I have got Straight Power 600W CM E7 PCGH.

So, now I have everything connected and the first game (Battlefield: Bad Company 2 lighted) and what is, every 30-60 seconds is a small lag of the so-about 1-2 seconds,. The game runs great, high-resolution 1680x1050 and at the highest level of detail, but from time to halt these come lag. The game is so easy not fun! Just turned on a different game (CS 1.6) and what is because it is exactly the same! Okay I thought, Windows errors (since I had done before XP) - any drivers or whatever, so everything thrown down and Windows 7 on it. Freshly made the video card driver on it, installed game, pure and what is exactly the same crap!! I just do not know what I can do. Why is that? I am expecting that you members will help me in sorting out this issue.

Re: New graphic card is lagging

I think that for the GTX 460, there is no optimized drivers. The temperature also eliminates problems and provides a quieter operation. This Bios should be on the card enclosed CD. As far as I am aware have the Palit and Gainward GLH sonic platinum the same bios. The latter achieved by the below named BIOS update (and without VRM-cooler!) Now just 2.7 instead of 3.0 Sone - if you're wondering about the small difference, we also removed the cover identical to the Gainward GS GLH the VRM cooler and measured a slight increase in the loudness of 1.2 to 1.8 Sone audible under 3D games load, although the card is also higher speed of two degrees warmer. This should be clear that the no longer cooled by the heatsink VRMs remaining card heat up considerably - stability problems but even we could not verify Furmark. The Gainward GLH GS and the Palit Sonic Platinum have thus also a different fan controller, which is the GS GLH clearly quieter.

So with drivers and NVIDIA is the so the thing. It may take a month for a new driver comes. The will be 100% for the GTX 460 to be optimized, but whether your problems are already fixes rather unlikely. Give it a time with the current beta drivers. So the driver takes a lot of time optimizations with it. Whom you should definitely install times. On the side of NVIDIA you can only download the new one and it is set for the video card.

Uninstall the old operating system.. Windows 7: uninstall program, NVIDIA Drivers -> and then reinstall the whole things again. But the graphic / video driver or whatever the thing is, only and not the others. Then you can install the required drivers. The Geforce GTX 460 from Palit Sonic Platinum, which are for the testing of the GeForce GTX 460 has reached, an additional coolers on the voltage converters - the model which will retail waived it. The result was a warning from Guru3D.

In 3D mode, our model achieved by the way loud 3.0 Sone - Consumer models are reported. The Platinum Sonic is clocked at 800/1.600/2.000 MHz (Reference: 675/1.350 (1,800 MHz). Even some buyers were surprised the Sonic (without the "Platinum") on the small cooler. Important: The Platinum Sonic uses a large GPU cooler with two 6-mm heat pipes and copper base, the Sonic has a smaller aluminum block declares. Palit this with the much higher clock speeds of Platinum.

At this time the tests were about heat and compliance with the specifications will not be completed, therefore, were by our technicians for quality assurance is at the forefront, heatsinks attached 100% to ensure that the card meets the requirements. In the course of the tests has shown that these components do not have a heat sink temperature is necessary in a good area to hold the. Furthermore, we find that the design of the BIOS settings for fan speed at selected were very conservative. The first BIOS revision is also still on the first models in the series.

Purchaser of the GTX460 Sonic Platinum can on the driver CD supplied tools using the VTune check whether the card current BIOS revision is equipped with. Should the "No VGA Bios N6727" are not, then the customer can the attached Bios tool, the new control profile for the fan with import. Palit also informed that the Sonic Platinum with latest BIOS of Gainward GeForce GTX 460 corresponds Golden Sample Goes Like Hell. This card is our test lab, it reaches 1.2 Sone quietly in 3D instead of 3.0. You can find the current BIOS in the Annex.

The stick must be formatted FAT32 and smaller than 4 GB to be. The DVD drive must be connected to SATA0. Try either until the computer turn on (it remains black) and then insert the DVD, stick to infect. A board that I was about to throw away suddenly went back on the battery away overnight. I once had an Asus board with corrupt the message "BIOS". There, helped only by flashing the new crash-free. You can and should of course try everything. And I assume that it has already tried. COD6/MW2 runs as well on an AMD 5050e (2x 2.6 GHz) with 9800 GTX in 1920x1080 + liquid (everything turned up). Or find a friend with Intel's E8400 paired with Nvidia's 8800 GT. You could see the Lagometer with who shakes. A Lagometer is an exhibit of network latency on an internet connection and of interpretation by the client. Lagometers are frequently found in computer games or IRC where timing plays a large role. Quake -derived games and commonly have them.

Even I believe that you should endeavor the Lagometer. Advanced Lagometer consists of two lines - bottom and top. The bottom line advances one pixel per each snapshot acknowledged from server (by default they are being sent at 20 snapshots per second rate), while the top one advances one pixel per frame that is rendered by each client. Thus, if the machine frame rate was 20 per second, together lines - top and bottom - would run at the same speed. Bottom bars communicate to impediment before sending a snapshot by a server and receiving it by a client (so-called "ping"). The shorter the bar, the smaller the ping was. Red bars mean that the frame has not arrived on time, yellow ones - that the snapshot was suppressed to stay under the rate limit. Top bars can be drawn in blue or in yellow.

While server snapshots are frequently received at lower rate as the client frame rate, the software interpolates location and movements until it gets an update from a server, when it adjusts own state consequently. The height of upper bars is relative to the interpolated time between snapshots received (so as long as they come regularly, it stays below the "zero line" and is drawn in blue), or - if snapshots stop to arrive on time - is extrapolated after the preceding snapshot expected (then bars crosses the "zero line" and are drawn in yellow). If those bars stay yellow for excessively long, client is forced to interpolate its frames beyond the "reasonable level" and finally, when the snapshot arrives, the prediction turns out to hardly correspond to the server-side version, which results in a shuddering, uncontinuous movement of scenery (obviously lowering the quality of gameplay).