Thread: G73 Heat/SC2 problem?

G73 Heat/SC2 problem?

I use my computer to play my games. Last week I bought a new game WOW and it was working properly. But from two days I have one strange problem with my PC. When I was playing my campaign , after some minutes I have got some mission cutscence, and computer got shut down and when I try to restart it again it refuse to restart for one minutes. And when I got turn on it again get shutdown. I applied very low setting to – medium settings but still making the problems. Fan of my PC is making very loud sound and spewing out hot air. So I think so its problem is overheating and may be problem in my cooling system and shutting down my PC due to safety reasons. What should I do to resolve my problem? One thing I made one test with my furmark test and it shown me 105C as highest with an average of 98.

Re: G73 Heat/SC2 problem?

I also use my home computer to play games and get heat. But I am confused with your query here. You have not mention here that , that temperature(105C) was the maximum temperature because I do not think you had let your PC run at till maximum temperature and you also did not mention here that how much time it took to get heat. But still it is looking like overheating issue. To get a good solution again do your furmark and let it reach its maximum speed and when it get shut down , note your temperature at that time and also measure time taken by your computer. If you have bios prior to 209 it’s supposed to be 106C, at 209 the thermal shutdown limit is 110C. Put the right data to get a genuine solution.

Opps sorry I made the test again and these are my data, Start - 86 degrees , 30sec - 99 degrees., 92sec - 109 degrees, 92sec - 106,5degrees, 92sec - 99 degrees. Please if it is also possible help me. I only had Chrome, MSN, Steam (Background, no games) and Anti-virus running, except the usual background applications.

Ok I have found the solution of this problem and tried it on my own office PC and it help me to get out this real problem. ok do what I say on your computer. First address your variables.txt files and made these two lines which will limit your framerate. The #’s can be whatever you want. frameratecap=50,frameratecapGlue=50. The problem is that video games does not understand and limits it. So without making this difference its look like you is making GPU stress test whenever you are in between your game mission and with triple digit frame rate. So your GPU is being really stressed and I had temps nearing 100 C, now I am getting high 80's and low 90's.

First you explain me that which temp monitoring tool you are using on your computer? The memory input/output system get about 10-15 degree temperature as compare to shader,. So please you try download HWinfo32. And also check for any hardware problem may be there can be a hardware problem in your cooling system. Try to check ur CPU fan. Update your driver also and reboot your computer

Here you can keep you FPS setting constant because every game needs different different settings. Demanding new games will run well below that FPS with some high settings and will heat up the GPU more than any older game running at 200 plus FPS. So here I do not understand your logic in your settings frameratecapGlue, frameratecap. But I have some other more logical and easy solution which will help you with this problem. It is vsync and will limit the game at 60FPS and screen will refresh your rate

I just use my computer to play games like F.E.A.R., Age Of Empires III, and Far Cry. I was also facing the same heating problem with my graphic card X850 pro PCI Express. When I touch my graphics card it was almost 100C. First this which I made on my pc is ATI tools: I test my PC with lower resolution or reduce other graphical features ad worked well. With graphic card AGPX850 pro that I flashed with an xt/pe bios and added an ATI Silencer 5 cooler. When I again use my PC for games I play NEED FOR SPEED at max it made my machine reboot occasionally and on lower resolution it works very good