Thread: Gigabyte HD 4850 1GB passive cooled

Gigabyte HD 4850 1GB passive cooled

There is no problem with the Gigabyte HD 4850. The Gigabyte HD 4850 is actually a pretty small card that sports a very thin heat-sink and fan unit. The stock core clock for this GPU is 625MHz, while the 512MB of GDDR3 memory is set at a cool 990MHz. This card runs on a RV770 core and features 512MB of GDDR3 memory. The Gigabyte HD 4850 features two DVI ports and one HD-Out port. It is indeed very nice. The only thing that I can not get is of at what temperature is this card running.

Re: Gigabyte HD 4850 1GB passive cooled

For getting the temperature, you should look for some features inside. I am not that sure about the ATI. It is too long for me since I have used the ATI. Isn't there a feature in the ATI catalyst that shows temps? Or you should be able to check GPU temperature in the ATI control Center. I am getting something, I think yes it should be in the ATI overclock section. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ApPy10 View Post
    For getting the temperature, you should look for some features inside. I am not that sure about the ATI. It is too long for me since I have used the ATI. Isn't there a feature in the ATI catalyst that shows temps? Or you should be able to check GPU temperature in the ATI control Center. I am getting something, I think yes it should be in the ATI overclock section. Hope this helps.
    Thanks a lot ApPy10, for your quick solution. It was in the ATI overclock section. I was searching for it for days. I should have posted this question here first. I will be back if I get something more in this context. Thanks a lot again.

I am using this card(Gigabyte HD 4850 ) for the past one year. There was nothing wrong with it. Recently I encountered that it get's very hot for sometimes. It is as hot as it is near to 85C. I noticed it for the very first time when I played the StarCraft 2. I have never tried to overclock it, but now suddenly it is acting weird. Please help.

Hi, everyone there, I am using 4850 along with two fans for cooling. While it is starting, it runs at about 45°C-50°C i.e. is the ideal case. Then as it starts to take load it's temperature rises to 85°C. So, from this I am bound to conclude that this chips run at high temperatures. Now if yet you are worried about the temperature you can go for one more fan. Being a passive card you are dependent on the airflow to keep your temps low. Just to ask whether are you using ATI Catalyst Version 10.2?

Thank you for your reply. Today I opened the case in order to eliminate the airflow problem. In the last post you asked me about the ATI 10.2, why is there any issue with it? Yes I have ATI 10.2 drivers. Please let me know about this. I do not think that there should be any issue with ATI 10.2 drivers.