Thread: 27 iMac displayport Input

27 iMac displayport Input

I just saw the news that the iMac 27 "with Display Port input, ie input and output. That means they can be used as external monitors if you have a Mac Mini for example? I'm looking at the technical specifications page support, but are not yet the new models. Does anyone know anything about it? I think it's fantastic and has given almost no hype.

Re: 27 iMac displayport Input

On the page "Benefits" of the iMac makes the following:
    "The Mini DisplayPort allows you to connect an external monitor to your iMac, including the Apple Cinema Display LED. The same port also offers an entry in the 27-inch iMac. In this way you can connect any external device with a Mini DisplayPort output - as the MacBook or MacBook Pro, and use your iMac as a display. "

If the iMac 27 "are input and output, and by adapting it so you can connect a mac and a pc or ps3 or whatever you want the ps3 if you can because there are adapter, but for that card you say no if I do not think there is, but I'm very much sure about it. It would be better if you refer the user manual. Hopefully this should fix the issue.

In the end it is clear to me My question is: Can I connect the PS3 through the Port Display of iMac 27 "

According to other forums: NO
    According to Apple technical support: YES

You buy a double adapter on the English court of MDP to DVI and DVI to HDMI and according to the Apple phone 900 150 503, have to get some drivers that we have to provide SONY PS3.

Anyone know anything about this?
    Thank you.

I think you can you can achieve this, You simply need to use the connector needed and ready, a screen as the connector where you put it does go well, I do not have, but as you connect it to the play and turn on the iMac and it should start working. You only need a particular connector for connecting your hard iMac to your desktop.

As far as i know the Digital Video Link does not require any special installation. When connected, the image appears directly on the Apple 24 "LED Cinema Display. if you are not able to use the Apple 24 "Cinema Display as Full HD 1080p (or 720p) with HDMI video sources. This limitation is due to laresolucion 1200 vertical pixels of the screen.