Thread: 4 monitors video card:: one card with 4 ports or 2 cards ?

4 monitors video card:: one card with 4 ports or 2 cards ?

I have my system running well and no issues with it. The processor that I have in my system is Quadcore. Now it requires 4 monitors in order to connect. I am having 512 MB video cards for two monitors and they work great. For the other two should I buy the same card or the only way is 4 ports video card? Please suggest, I do not want any kind of flicker or problems in the future. Thanks.

Re: 4 monitors video card:: one card with 4 ports or 2 cards ?

As you have already mentioned that you do not want to come across any sort of problem then I would suggest you to go for two cards. There is no need for the card to same as the previous one. If you do not have monitors with display ports then 2 cards will be the best possible and cheapest solution. Now id you want to play game on your system then it would be better for you to go for the display port option. Connect 4 Display Port to the DVI adapters.

I would suggest you to go for 4 ports video card option. This option is the best I can think of. Matrox G450 MMS QUAD 128MB Video Card G45X4QUAD-B ---is a graphic card having solutions for using up to 4 digital monitors at a time.As the shortest quad-display card with a dedicated graphics chip driving each display, this PCI card fits into a wide variety of systems. If you are using Windows Vista then it is not possible for you load two video card drivers.

I am here to clarify one point that was posted in the previous thread. It is not like if you are having Vista then you can not load two video drivers. It can have multiple different cards. The only thing is that they should use the same driver package i.e. both need to be ATI or NVIDIA. You must take care, if there is a GTX 460 and 5850 then this won't work. This limitation is not in Windows XP or Windows 7 it is only with Windows Vista.

I am happy with suggesting the 2 cards option. Yes, it is the best and cheapest and also one of the most easiest way to gain it. The desktop can be extended across all the 4 but the game can not be played on all the 4. You can have 4850*2 which has 4 DVI ports on it. It was great with 3 monitors. All i had to do was enable xfire to use both GPUs on one monitor, and disable to use all 3 monitors for desktop space.

I guess all you guys are really very active. I think I will go for the 2 cards option. From this thread and the searching that I have done I am finding this one much appropriate. Also, it suits my conditions. Thanks all of you and will post soon to tell you if that worked or not. Also if I will have any problems then I will post in this forum. Thanks.