Thread: My laptop Cd drive not detecting cd

My laptop Cd drive not detecting cd

I have a laptop of acer aspire 4736z with dvd writer it was able to read most cd's and dvd's very easily but now i have bought some cd's of recent movies but they are not detected in the cd drive please anybody suggest me any idea to get the solution without buying the new laptop and any external cd reader. Please help me in solving my problem.

Re: My laptop Cd drive not detecting cd

I think its an issue related to your cd drive I will suggest you to swap the cd drive with a working cd drive . Sometime re seating the IDE cable makes the difference . Turn off the system and open the case and plug the IDE cable after unplugging them. hook up your system and start it.It is dead if it is showing on the bios. it might be your drive problem. you can solve your problem by following the above conditions.
    Last edited by deoWo; 26-08-2010 at 06:30 PM.

Generally the CD burner possess their own leaser system to read the compact disk. They perform write and erase function due to this the drive can perform read functions smoothly but at the time of writing it puke up.This type of drive perform wired things like identifying data as music and such as. Not sure if this apply in your case.

I will suggest you to look out your laptops BIOS and see if it is detecting or not. BIOS of laptops are often limited that's why it can not possible. If the BIOS of the laptop is not showing the cd drive and even it is not showing the my computer or device manager than there may be a possibility of hardware failure.

It occur when your computer not detect the drive correctoly as a non-recordable device. .To solve this problem you should to try to edit the Windows registry by doing this your drive is identified as a recordable device. This task is very important because this task contains steps through which you will come to know how to modify the registry.But a serious problems might occur at the time of modification if it is registered incorrectly.