Thread: Eyefinity and Tri-Crossfire

Eyefinity and Tri-Crossfire

Currently i am having ATI Radeon HD 5870 and i am planning to buy two more but i am looking for having an eyefinity on 3 monitors rather then having three 5870's.
    I want to ask you guys that does this current drivers would be supporting for 3 x 5870 or an Eyefinity only an option in Crossfire (2x5870s)?

Re: Eyefinity and Tri-Crossfire

Actually whether you can have three 5870's or not is depending on your computer system's configurations. As you have not provided the specifications of your computer system then i can not surely say that it can work on your system. It depends on what kind of processor you have in your system.

I guess all the cards would be working on your system but your system needs to be at least of an i5 processor or may be more then that. I guess it would be working with the lower one as well but i am not so sure about that. And yes if you are going to install 3 GPUs in your system then make sure that you have enough cooling systems as those 3 GPUs going to burn your CPU case.

If you take three HD 5870s then i guess you need to install the latest drivers and even you have to install CCC which would be helping you much while using those cards. ATI Catalyst Control Center delivers high performance, easy configurability, and advanced features and functionality far beyond traditional driver configuration software. The ATI Catalyst Control Center software application gives you complete control of performance and visual quality of your ATI Radeon graphics for a personalized visual experience on your PC.

I suggest you to use Koolance water cooling system which is an amazing system to cool down the burning GPUs. The Koolance VID-AR587T2 is a combined GPU and memory block for high-end water cooling of revised layout ATI Radeon HD 5870 video cards (such as the Sapphire Vapor-X 100281VX-2SR) in single or multi video configurations. It utilizes a high-performance microfin design (0.5mm) made of solid copper with anti-corrosive nickel plating. The cooler targets all primary heat-producing regions of the HD 5870, including the voltage regulators.

I do not have any idea that which drivers you are using on your computer system but i guess you need to use latest drivers on your system once you setup the 3 monitor display with an eyefinity. I would be suggesting you to install latest ATI Catalyst Control Center which would be having all the support for running 3 display monitor setup.