Thread: Eyefinity Active adapter question

Eyefinity Active adapter question

I've been struggling with my ATI HD5750 since you bought nearly a month ago and I've bought a few passive adapters and cables, so just after learning that serve no purpose. In the end I opted to buy a Dell monitor 21" DisplayPort, which should already be underway. I previously used to work with three video monitors using two identical graphics cards at once, without Crossfire clear, but it was too unstable and needed a card with the ability to connect 3 monitors, so buy one with Eyefinity. I wonder if you can put one of the three monitors at lower resolution and see if it works, not to keep throwing more money monitors. Someone could do the test, please. I have read that a ordinary converter dvi-d /vga type wont relocate the signal due to analog digital signal.!! Please also tell me about that.!!

Re: Eyefinity Active adapter question

To test our 5xxx series ATI, why not get discouraged to experience for themselves in more conventional solutions, both graphical and microphones, plates and memories. As you know ATI does not stop bringing out series more competitive for all budgets, but make no mistake, we're talking very high resolutions which will bring quick tests to 5970, which is currently the one I have installed, because the discarded because of problems 5870 with CrossfireX and lack of use in certain games. The problem that arises is the immaturity of Catalyst, to agree that I have currently installed version 9.12 (1.10 according to some sources) v8.70 beta which is what has given me more confidence in Eyefinity.

The resolutions are automatically adjusted to the lowest, as mentioned earlier, one of the problems that gave Apple adapter active was sometimes put to a resolution of 800x600, well in this case all were put to that resolution, what will always be to lower the carrying the baton. While talking of another problem, of course I recommend that new formats and have everything installed, you'll see the changes that occur.

It is essential to retain information not only the form factor (form factor, physical form) of the connectors DisplayPort (DP) and DVI are unlike, but also its electrical signals are very dissimilar. Cheaper passive adapters include only connectors and cables. They do not alter the format of the signal in any way, simply change the corporeal form of connector, DP to DVI format. These adapters are fine if the card is getting a DVI signal from the DP connector. This is achievable, but the current architecture of the GPU can generate only two independent DVI outputs. For Eyefinity three DVI monitors all DVI outputs are used in any two DVI or HDMI outputs (HDMI signal is the same as DVI), so the card can only send a signal by DP DP output. Using this signal in a DVI (using inexpensive passive adapters) will not work because the DVI monitor will not interpret or decode the signal to create the image.

This is where the adapters "assets" into action more expensive. This active adapter contains a microchip and a number of transmitters and receivers, which is why it is more expensive, and also why that require power (to power the microchip through a USB port on our computer.) This active adapter receives the signal DP of the GPU, the decoded, then transform again to make it fully compatible signal with a DVI monitor. In this case, the DVI monitor DVI receives a signal and can decode and create the image.