Thread: Catalyst Control Center on Right Click Desktop Menu

Catalyst Control Center on Right Click Desktop Menu

I recently installed ATI Catalyst 5.13. Everything works fine, only I was surprised to see a shortcut to the ATi Control Center displayed in the context menu for each right click on the desktop that I was doing. I also noticed a similar shortcut is in first place in the context menu that opens when I click on a file explorer window. So before, when I clicked on File, the regular menu appeared with: New, Open... but now is: ATI Control Center, New, Open, .... If anyone has a solution or has encountered a problem like this. Please help me.

Re: Catalyst Control Center on Right Click Desktop Menu

It is not even an application, the file is installed ATI catalyst, I think that that is a shortcut because I sought the source file in the computer and apparently it is not, after finding windows. If ATI Catalyst is installed for quite some time before the problem, I do not think the uninstall would change something. But if you want to edit this context menu you can try using the registry keys which i have mentioned below

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Folder \ shell and
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Folder \ shellex \ ContextMenuHandlers

I downloaded the first one you which you have discussed. So I actually shoot any of my nvidia system, change the card, reboot and install the catalyst. who says it is installed and I reboot it keeps asking for what I do. And then I apprehended that the card is recognized as a standard VGA card and the max resolution is 1280x1024. So I force the installation of drivers via the Device Manager, and then it works, the card is recognized.

Hello, infallible method (hopefully!) I already used In the registry, you do a search. In the window you entered some words that are registered for the option you want to remove the context menu. And bam! You come (whenever you relaunch research) on the next occurrence of what is found, which corresponds to a menu option that you want to delete. He'll just delete the key each time.

I had the same problem with my HD4650, forced the driver and the device manager until I install Driver Cleaner Pro which allows the complete removal of traces of different drivers. The application was installed without any worries of recognition after the passage of this small utility. the catalyst with the CCC (red ati icon in the taskbar) for updates I install the next version above, the installer will tell you which version is present and whether it will be updated .

Your little app looks cool but I think it stops at xp and vista I'm under 64 (if you can confirm compatibility vista is nice) and at the same time is not what that bothers me most if I have to delete manually. I have not installed the the CCC nor the task bar or elsewhere and as said above, I'm sure I took the pack display drivers + CCC which is just over 71MB.

If I understand correctly, when you right click on your desktop or you click on "File" in a browser window, there is a shortcut to Catalyst Control Center? Tell me if I'm wrong. Finally, I do not understand how this problem. Your PC is running well though No worries with this shortcut.

They can point to a track going a little searching in subfolders Ati, I came across packages / apps / and there's a good record in CCC and I have this Branding, Core-Implementation, Core-Preinstalled, Core-Static, Full-Existing-Graphics, Graphics-Full-New Graphics-Light Graphics-Prewiew-Common, Help, Full-HydraVision, Localization, MOM-InstallProxy, Utility and finally Utility64. But I have seen nothing that resembles a setup of CCC.