Thread: How to install "ATI Video Converter" for Radeon HD4890 on WinXP

How to install "ATI Video Converter" for Radeon HD4890 on WinXP

I have recently bought ATI HD 4890 video card for my computer. I want to use encoding capabilities of it, but i unable to do this. In my computer Windows XP 64 bits has installed. I have latest drivers and CCC application. I don't have "ATI Video Converter". Can anyone tell me How to install "ATI Video Converter" for Radeon HD4890 on WinXP.
    Thanks in advanced.

Re: How to install "ATI Video Converter" for Radeon HD4890 on WinXP

I did purchase a graphics card Ati HD 4850. Installation in the pc and installed Catalyst 8.12 with CCC. After installation, no trace of Avivo Video Converter. I am searching, I found nothing. I have to install the Avivo package for access and again in the encoding options. I am using pcinpact site. we can clearly see options 720p H264 and H264 1080p (among others). So why should I install the Avivo package, I thought it was integrated directly into the CCC. And why did not I have access to all the encoding options?

Why don't you use AVIVO Video Converter for your computer. In the end of last year, a new feature of ATI was filtered, it was then known under the name of XCode. It was announced that ATI simply set up a conversion software compatible with its range X1K, which would use their physical abilities to encode video up to 5x faster. Very quickly an unofficial version of the software has spread and that a modified version to make it compatible with all the latest cards from ATI. It was thus found that the optimization was only software, not hardware ... ATI will be very stubborn to say the opposite.

This is absolutely not clear where to go just to start the encoder (nothing in the start menu, no shortcut either in CCC, you had to guess he must go to basic mode ...), not to mention package must be installed in addition (and it must also guess the responsibility )! However, in testing pcimpact, we can see the options h264 720p and 1080p ... Really boring this thing.

Just download and install ATI Video Converter. After Windows is restarted, you will not see the logo for Avce. This is normal, it is directly integrated to the Control Center, of its basic version. Since the Catalyst 6.2, the start of the CCC offers two different approaches. The basic which allows some adjustments via wizards, this mode is also not very comprehensive, it must be admitted and the advance is used, as it did before, set all the parameters accurately or have access to panels like the overdrive that allows overclocking of the card.

Use following steps to encode video.
    when you use the basic mode, you can start the stroke, and thus encode your videos. All you need to do is specify the video source and the destination directory. By clicking the "Next" you will get a window that allows you to choose the desired format and bitrate. Unfortunately, no other parameters are available. We can therefore choose the file size, the type of deinterlacing or even other more advanced settings that are dear to the encoders.