Thread: Screen error due to ATI Catalyst 10.1 Hotfix

Screen error due to ATI Catalyst 10.1 Hotfix

I am stumble upon additional display tribulations at 2D graphical mode with Catalyst 10.1 and 10.1 hotfix. The troubles are display card driver's not responding, humorous pattern in excess of the screen, blank screen and from time to time PC lock-up. These troubles occur additional often than with 9.12 hotfix. I followed one of the articles to put out of action Aero but the troubles still occur. Possibly I have missed something. I anticipate AMD administer to sort them out with next release of the Catalyst driver suite as soon as probable.

Re: Screen error due to ATI Catalyst 10.1 Hotfix

You got two Sapphire HD5970OC at Christmas and were having PC lock-up. It occurred 20 to 30 minutes at the same time as playing games. On the other hand, the PC works well with presently one HD5970OC. Your motherboard and the two HD5970OC are supposed to encompass the most recent BIOS versions. You encompass seen quite a number of discussions in this forum talking regarding comparable problems.

On paper that PSU be supposed to have sufficient power to drive your two 5970s, but if it works extremely well with one and not together, well might be a bad PSU. You might try troubleshooting the cards; play with together cards independently to observe if perhaps one card is bad. May in addition be overheating on one or together of the cards, depending on how overcrowded they are in your case. So you might check that, in addition.

It’s almost certainly the drivers, or the meticulous game you play, or an additional probable cause might be the PSU. I hesitation it if its heat causing the lock ups for the reason that my GPUs works cooler in crossfire than solitary card. Perhaps re install the game or drivers. Or hang around for the next driver update. If you desire the most excellent PSU get the corsair HX1000, it determine to be power those cards no difficulty, with a 5 year assurance, even my 850TX determine to handle together of those cards. Corsairs are rock solid.

I am switching to the additional HD5970OC this weekend for the reason that the contemporary one has been working for a week without the trouble. I presently desire to create certain that together cards are superior. Speaking of overheating, I am able to measure the temperature with GPU-Z but there is a dual-slot space connecting them. I believe I shall replace the PSU by Antec TruePower Quattro 1200 (1200W, an AMD specialized PSU) if the predicament comes back with together of them. I am in addition longing for Catalyst 10.1 which is said of an explanation to a number of the strip/lock-up troubles.

Based on the spectacles, the Antec Quattro 1200 has sufficient power for two 5970s, but more than a few users on the EVGA forums have complained of those PSUs shorting and sparking subsequent to a short time of utilize. You might desire to research the PSU via website reviews and user commentary to create certain this is not a universal predicament. The AMD documentation is not quality declaration; it presently says that AMD tested that meticulous PSU with particular hardware and it worked. And a number of PSUs are not submitted to AMD for documentation and run presently extremely well. I would suggest getting a PSU with 25-30A per card on the 12V rail minimum, perhaps up to 35A if you desire room for over clocking. Your present PSU has this, but not the entire PSUs are created equal, regrettably, or sometimes you might get a bad unit.

I encompass been in touch with XFX in excess of the heat coming from one of these cards at 80dec Celsius and their reply was it is OK. At the same time as the additional card is working at 66dec Celsius. I have tried together cards by themselves and tranquil have these things occur. I have uninstalled drivers, and reinstall them in excess of & over still the similar. I have even gone back to the beginning (innovative system build so lucky) Reformat HDD reinstall window7 64bit OS updated drivers one by one but the similar thing happened every time.