Thread: ATI Catalyst Control Center problems with Remote Desktop

ATI Catalyst Control Center problems with Remote Desktop

I am having a Desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP 64 bit. I regularly connect to a remote computer using a remote desktop application. The problem which I am facing is that whenever I try to connect using a remote application, it gives an error saying "The ATI drivers have stopped functioning" and then directly disconnects me from the remote desktop application. I cant figure out what is causing such problem and hence need your help. I want to know how to solve the ATI Catalyst Control Center problems with Remote Desktop?

Re: ATI Catalyst Control Center problems with Remote Desktop

It can be a problem with the remote desktop application which you are using. The application which you are using to connect to the remote server must not be working properly due to which you are facing such problem. Therefore I would suggest that you reinstall the application which you are using to connect to the remote desktop and then see if the same problem persists or not.

Probably the system which you are using is infected with some kind of virus, which is creating such problems. If any of the virus infects the system files of the computer, such problems are bound to happen. Hence scan the system with an updated antivirus and check for all the files which are infected. Remove all the files which are infected and then check if you are able to connect to the remote desktop or not.

Have you checked the internet connectivity? The remote desktop application must be using Internet for accessing the remote desktop. Therefore if the Internet connectivity is facing some problems, the remote desktop application will crash. Hence I will suggest that you get the Internet connectivity checked by visiting the website such as Speedtest.net which provides the online tests for checking the performance of the Internet connection. If the Internet connection is facing some problem then get it rectified from the ISP.