Thread: Not able to get 2560 x 1600 on Mac Mini 30 inch Cinema Display

Not able to get 2560 x 1600 on Mac Mini 30 inch Cinema Display

I am trying to get a 2560 x 1600 output on the 30" Screen. Here I have not tried this before with a adapter to power the same via USB port directly connected to the 220V. I need the USB hub function of the screen function I lose if I plug the adapter on other system than Mac Mini. And frankly, I paid for the quality, so I expect Apple to provide me the a better one. Already I am disappointed in the life of my PowerBook HD video that is currently giving up, there is no interest in my new machine that does not work.

Re: Not able to get 2560 x 1600 on Mac Mini 30 inch Cinema Display

For your information, the bug display reappeared tonight when I booted the first backup Time Machine (60 GB transfer). During this operation, the CPU and North Bridge oscillate at temperatures of 50 C to send via RJ-45 data to back up Time Machine on my Synology NAS. At the onset of the bug, for the 1st time since I have this random problem I had to restart the computer to remove the bug. The previous times he'd just change the resolution so that it returns to normal.

That is right. Even I am not able to find out the issue behind the degradation of the adapter to DVI DUAL LINK MiniDisplayPort, or because certain components of the Mac Mini were at a higher temperature because of Time Machine in progress at this time. I hope this problem will not damage my Cinema Display. I had launched a complain for the same to Apple Care.

I don't think that temperatures of this order can be a problem for the Mini. However, the fact that the bug back when the mini backup Time Machine seems to support the thesis of a variation or a lack of power, especially if the backup was done on an external HD. I recently saw a new testimony, which confirmed that the problem had been solved by plugging in a USB cable adapter for iPod / iPhone.

This is faced by lots of people but still there is no exact solution for the same. Apple showed that there is a support for the same then why the output is buggy. In my case my old one with the MiniDisplay port adapter > DVI Dual Link powered via the AC adapter from my iPhone on the 220, the hub of my Cinema Display 30 inch is connected via USB to the Mac Mini.

I have been wating for some hotfix that has been around long enough anyway, but the good functioning of the thing with the USB adapter plugged into the iPhone makes me want to leap and take the same configuration as you. You had a good idea to plug directly into the USB port on the mini screen, and then I guess you can serve as a screen as a USB hub.

For me, the video adapter powered via USB adapter for the iPhone is a worse solution because it takes me an extra outlet 220V. And it is not functional sold by Apple, then saw the price at any price the computer, I think the least we can do and have a machine that works as expected. And then, what that tells me that my computer's USB ports are not faulty. This video bug could also come from a weakness of DisplayPort output of the computer.