Thread: Striker extreme

Striker extreme

I have been using the Striker extreme on my system. I would like o know how can i reset the mother board present on my system because i removed it out of my mother board back. I need to restart it over again. Please tell me how to go about this i would really appreciate your help in this matter.

Re: Striker extreme

It is not advisable to reset the mother board unless you do not have a thorough knowledge regarding the same issue. So if you really need to reset your mother board try to find out the service center of the manufacturer in your area and then take the cpu along with you and ask them to do the job for you.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Step 1 : Open the computer case after completely off and unplugged the power cable. Discharge yourself of static electricity: Read before intervention.
    • Step 2 : Check the documentation for your motherboard to locate the jumper to make resetting the BIOS. If you have any documentation, look on your motherboard the following inscription: CLR BIOS, BIOS CLEAR, CLR CMOS, CMOS CLEAR, RESET RESET BIOS or CMOS. It is usually found near the button battery on the motherboard. Note the name of the rider involved in the registration. In our example, this is the jumper JP4.
    • Step 3 : Find your motherboard the jumper reset. It is usually too close to the battery.
      • If the rider is on a 3-pin connector, put it straddles the middle of Pine and Pine uncoated baseline (change from the pin1-pin2 to pin2-pin3, or vice versa). Wait one second then return the jumper to its original position (pin1-pin2).
      • if the rider is on a 2-pin connector and is mounted on one pin, place it on both, wait a second and then return it to its original position.

• Step 4 : Plug the power cable to your housing and start your PC: the password has disappeared.

In some cases, especially on motherboards relatively old, it may there is no jumper to make a Clear CMOS. In this case, remove the battery from the motherboard after removing your computer and touched the metal chassis, then wait for about twenty minutes. The result will be the meme. Replace the battery and then restart your computer.

I use a different approach for resetting the mother board. which is mentioned below:

- Disconnect the computer from around the area
    - Locating the battery on the motherboard
    - Remove the battery (possibly wait a few seconds or press power to clear the residual energy)
    - Replace the battery
    - Reconnect
    - Restart

To clear the CMOS do the following:

• Turn off your computer
    • Unplug the mains
    • Touch the metal chassis to remove any residual static electricity
    • Move the jumper from its initial position (position 1-2) in position 2-3
    • Wait a few seconds then replace it in its original position