Thread: Help with X1950 Pro Overheating and Crashing

Help with X1950 Pro Overheating and Crashing

Please help I am facing a weird problem with the Battlefield 2142 installed on the computer. The computer is installed with Windows 7 on it. The problem which I am facing is the game crashes frequently while playing. The graphic card which I am using is ATI X1950. I suspect that this is due to overheating of the graphic card and therefore I need Help with X1950 Pro Overheating and Crashing
    issue. Please suggest some solutions/workarounds.

Re: Help with X1950 Pro Overheating and Crashing

By looking at the problem, it seems like there is some problem with the installed game. For the game to work properly on the computer, all the files which are associated to the game must work properly. If any of the files which is associated to the game is missing or corrupt then the game will crash frequently. Uninstall the game and remove all the files/keys related to the game and then install the game again. See if the problem is solved or not.

Check if there are any processes running on the computer while playing the game and terminate the processes which are unwanted. If there are lot of processes running on the computer then game will crash if the system memory gets depleted. Open the task manager and open the Processes tab. Terminate all the unwanted processes and then run the game. See if the game crashes or not.

There are many applications available online which can be used for monitoring temperatures of different components on the computer. Search for such a software and download it on the computer. Install the application and check the temperature of different components on the computer while running the game. If the graphic card is getting heated up above the threshold then implement some good cooling solutions for it.

There is some problem with the Asus X1950 Pro graphic card. The cooling fan on the graphic cards do not speed up when the graphic card is overheated. For the Fans to work properly, the application known as ATI tray tools. Download the application and install it on the computer. Now the cooling fans will work properly on the system.

Yes downloading and installing the ATI tray tool on the computer really helped in preventing the graphic card from overheating. Now the cooling fans of the graphic card start and stop according to the temperature of the graphic card. As the graphic card is not heating up now, the performance of the computer has also improved alot. Thanks for the suggestion.