Thread: Battlefield BAD COMPANY 2 core/mem clocks? 4850 ATI owners

Battlefield BAD COMPANY 2 core/mem clocks? 4850 ATI owners

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows 7 on it. I have installed Battlefield Bad company 2 on the computer but the performance of the game is not that good. The graphic card which I am using is ATI 4850 which I want to overclock. So I want to know to the values up to which the graphic card should be overclocked in order to improve the performance of the game and procedure to overclock the graphic card. Any information about the issue is more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Battlefield BAD COMPANY 2 core/mem clocks? 4850 ATI owners

The performance of the game does not depend only on the graphic card of the computer but many factors. As the performance of the game is low, I would suggest that you check if there are any other processes running on the computer while playing the game. Every process executed on the computer, takes up some space on the memory. If there are lot of processes running on the computer, the performance of the game will fall. Before starting the game, open task manager and go to processes tab. Terminate all the processes which are unwanted and taking up lot of system memory. After terminating all the unwanted processes, see if the performance of the game improves.

I have the same graphic card installed on my computer. I faced no issues while playing the Battlefield Bad company 2 on my computer with the same graphic card, but as you are facing some problems while playing the game on the computer, I would suggest that you overclock the Graphic card moderately to the following clocks :- 675 for the core and 1000 for the memory. Restart the computer and run the game. Check if there is any improvement in the game or not.

To overclock the graphic card on the computer, you will require Ati Tray Tool installed on the computer. Hence download and install the ATI utility on the computer and overclock the graphic card at the frequency which you want to it to operate. Overclocking the graphic card moderately is always justified as it safe practice although higher clock speed means good performance but it is not safe. For the more details you can refer :-
    ATI 4850 overclocking

Before overclocking the graphic card, I would suggest that you check the system requirements for the game and check if the system is fulfilling all the system requirements or not. If the system requirements for the game are not meant then the game will not work properly on the system. Hence before overclocking it is better to check the system requirements and then proceed with further troubleshooting.

If you are using the multicore processor then try disabling the extra processing cores while playing the game. Multicore processors have more than one processor which start processing all the applications together which might create problem while playing certain games. Start the game and open the task manager. Go to processes and right click on the process of the game. Select set affinity and remove the check mark from the extra processing cores and click on OK. After disabling the extra processing cores see if the game works

Increase the system RAM of the computer to improve the performance of the computer while playing the game. Gaming applications take up lot of memory space on the computer. Hence if the RAM of the system is low the performance of the system will fall considerably. Therefore to improve the performance of the computer, upgrade the RAM of the system.