Thread: Samsung 55B7000 - Issue with DLNA

Samsung 55B7000 - Issue with DLNA

Hi,
    I have a Samsung 55B700 TV set. I am trying to connect this TV to a Synology Disk Station. But as I try to stream media out of it, it gives out a codec issue. I had tried to search on some forms about this which states that this can be do lack of support to DLNA. But I am not sure weather TV is DLNA supported or not. What this things actually mean.

Re: Samsung 55B7000 - Issue with DLNA

It might be possible that your TV model is bit older which is not compatible with the current DLNA support. Usually most of the new equipments support the same but I am not getting the issue in your case. Did you check your cable and other connections properly. Try to switch to new cable and different ports. If possible try to upgrade the firmware of the system.

All hardware and software displaying this logo can communicate with each other. This is called a connection client / server, the client being the TV and the server computer. This is still compatible DLNA time he is running Windows XP or Vista. Both operating systems include Microsoft's Management DLNA. Apple computers with Mac OS X are also compatible with this standard, you have to install software. On the other hand, the TV must carry the logo DLNA, a detail to check when buying.

Apple computers with Mac OS X are also compatible with this standard, you have to install software. On the other hand, the TV must carry the logo DLNA, a detail to check when buying. This guarantees a minimum it is compatible with this standard and the presence of a network jack. For the television to communicate with the computer, it will go through a home network. The best would be to have a router or DSL box, which distributes the network but it is also possible to directly connect the TV to a single computer with a crossover network cable.

On the server, you must use software that allows sharing of various files. By default, the latest version of Windows Media Player included with Windows automatically provides such a service. You can use that one and get some easy solution for that. Thus, the directories where you store your various media files are not taken into account as such, it is necessary to create play-lists.

Among the dozens of applications for server work I recommend TwonkyMedia. Its installation is very simple and then you just mark the shared directories that contain your media files. So when you want to access via the TV, you see the structure of these files as the computer, which allows to navigate easily. It is even possible to dispense completely from the computer by choosing a network drive NAS said. Some are now compatible DLNA.

All devices and software bearing the DLNA logo can communicate with each other. So just check the manual or on the TV for this logo. The files from the computer world have different formats. This means ensuring that the TV is capable of diffusing the greatest number. For the audio portion, the choice is limited. Obviously that the MP3 is the upper hand, but Microsoft's WMA is also widespread.