Thread: HL50A650C Auto Power Reset

HL50A650C Auto Power Reset

The discussion in associated to the thread that I got through degraded down to complaints on service calls and got away from the technical conversations of the main problem That said, here are the facts.I am running with the Samsung Model HL50A650C (IFXZA) and getting some problems : When connected in, TV starting turning itself powered on automatically, slight delay on managing picture, picture is on for 1 to 5 seconds, TV cycles off, 1 to 5 seconds later TV cycles on, moves through same start-up and shut down. This keep happening until power cord is disconnected. LED light on front follow typical start-up sequences and don’t re-activate prior to TV shutting down so therefore have not suggested what the issue might be with this.
    Last edited by Jake Tyler; 30-04-2010 at 01:59 AM.

I am having the similar problem with my set. I have ordered a new ballast and lamp to check if that will resolve it. Samsung is helpless for such issue. If you find yourself comfortable taking your TV apart, test out the capacitor on the ballast to find out if it has a noticeable bulge at the top. That's a indication that you will require a new one.

I have also considered that you should test the output of your power supply. If it is not capable to detect and show 300V then it may require to be replaced as well. Samsung has a latest version of the power supply that may deal with the ballast problems. I will be managing the thread and ,made available the updates as frequent as my parts are in.

idea HL50A650C Auto Power Reset

If you are having such type of issue then you need to check your hardware configurations then you find that there's a blue switch on the cover of the lamp panel. Just be sure that there's not a wire wrapped around it, and that you are able to fully push it in. That may perform the technique. Your extended warranty may not be invalidated after all. Circuit City outsourced their warranty, and those warranties didn't become void after Circuit City left the brick-and-mortar scene. I have some some investigations to find out if I could figure out which company took care of those warranties, and if there was a method to reach them.

The curiosity of whether it was the popular blue switch or not was bothering me. I had tested earlier that the blue switch to verify the contacts were functioning and accessible , and had been careful to see that the cover engaged it when putting it on. To release any upcoming possibilities, I used electrical tape to have it in the hide status, and replaced the cover for safety sake anyway. It had been a some of the days since I had messed with the TV, but when I connected it in things performed something different….

The TV did not start automatically that it had been doing. Instead it sat there with the “standby” (left red) led on solid until I used to press the power button. Then it delights the lamp led (right green). Before it ever engaged the lamp, it switched itself off, back on and blinked the lamp led again. It did this two times, on the third time it started blinking all three LED’s showing bad lamp. I had just replaced the lamp. Actually the guy at the TV shop replaced the lamp in the holder for me; I just took the lamp holder out, down to the store, and then re-inserted the lamp holder.

Happy HL50A650C Auto Power Reset

I want I am aware about this that why this would change. I would not replace the ballast quite yet, it could be that or the power supply. Both of the parts can introduce the same symptoms. Best yet, you need to call the phone number and find out that if they can look you up without the receipt , I don't know their protocol, but maybe they will capable to look you up. I would be interested in hearing how you fare.Just keep on posting and what the possible fix we found, we will just post you as soon as I get.