Thread: Turning off TV turns off cable box

Turning off TV turns off cable box

Hi members,
    I am very upset about the service that comcast provides. So I just purchased a PN50B850 and am using it with a Motorola DCH6416 cable box/DVR. Now I am facing an issue with the cable box. Whenever I am turning the power off to the TV it turns the cable box off completely. I am not able to troubleshoot this issue. I have connected it via HDMI. Also sometimes I have problems with sound and my Cable Box does not display the information in the program guide. So thought that you guys would be helpful.!!

Re: Turning off TV turns off cable box

I would like to suggest you to do some R & D. First try to unplug the HDMI and connect with component. Then Re-test and check whether the turning off TV turns off cable box or not. If the problem persist then try to disable Anynet+ and then Re-test. One of my friend was having same issue and above solution worked for him. Now turning off the TV does not turn off the Motorola DVR. So hope that it will help you too.

Re: Problems with sound.

• If you have no sound image or audio is different than I have solution. Verify that the "SAP" on your TV, VCR or Cable Box (Digital SmartBox) is "OFF."
    • If you have no sound and a black box appearing in the picture. Check for subtitles function "Closed Caption" is off. If you want to use the subtitles select a different setting such as CC1 and CC2.
    • If you hear a ringing in all my channels. Make sure the volume of the TV and Cable Box (Digital SmartBox) is in the middle.

First, you must understand that for the D-Box to work properly on the TV must be on channel 3 forever. For those using the control of the TV no more. Do not heat the head with the D-Box. Second, the channel changes from the D-Box but did not change the TV channel 3 (It's just like when you change channels from VHS). For them, make sure you press the CBL button on the D-box, this will tell the remote to the information go to D-box and not the TV. Power button when I pressed the remote control sends a signal to turn off the TV and then one to switch off the d-box. If not in the same direction it is safer to shut down only unless notes quickly. To set up your TV remote control codes are given in the manual, if you missed it do not worry, is arranged as follows :
    Turn on the TV and press the TV button on the control of the D-box about 5 seconds until the button stays lit. Then he starts to push the button on the up arrow until the TV turns off, there will set up your TV to the D-Box.

• If you want to change the volume of TV / Cable Box (Digital SmartBox) and the Remote Control does not work. Through its Remote Control you can control the volume of your TV / Cable Box (Digital SmartBox). To verify that the Remote Control is used, turn on or turn off the TV. Make sure the Remote Control is programmed to control the volume. Read the instructions on your Remote Control for more information. If the sound is in stereo, verify that the audio outputs of left and right stereo source, reach the Cable Box (Digital SmartBox). The audio outputs of the Cable Box (Digital SmartBox) provide stereo audio output provides surround sound digital surround sound. "
    • If the sound does not seem to be in "Surround Sound," make sure that the source of "Surround Sound" is a digital audio output on the Cable Box (Digital SmartBox).

NOTE: The connection is optical and coaxial and requires no digital stereo receiver.

If your Cable Box (Digital SmartBox) does not display the information in the program guide, the following steps would be useful :
    • Press and hold for 10 seconds, the power button on your Cable Box (Digital SmartBox) or until the word BOOT appears on the screen.
    • After a few seconds, the Cable Box (Digital SmartBox) sets the current time and automatically turns on, otherwise, press the "Power."
    • On your screen will display "Passport Now Loading" until the sequence ends. Verify that the audio or video work perfectly or turn back the Cable Box (Digital SmartBox).