Thread: Samsung HL-P4663W Sync Problem

Samsung HL-P4663W Sync Problem

Hello friends, I have a Samsung HL-P4663W projection TV with which I am facing some problems. The TV loses sync with the picture while watching. There is slight delay in sound and the picture. Does this mean that the TV has gone bad? If anybody else is facing similar Samsung HL-P4663W Sync Problem then feel free to share some information. Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Samsung HL-P4663W Sync Problem

Are you using a normal cable connection on the TV? The TV which you are using is a projection TV which requires a digital signal for proper functioning. The normal cable connection has an analog signal which will not be interpreted properly by the TV due to which you are facing such problems. I will suggest that you subscribe to digital service for cable and then check if there is delay in the picture and sound.

Yes I was using a normal cable connection on the TV and after your suggestion I tested the TV by connecting it to the DTH service which is available at my neighbors place but even after connecting it to the DTH signal, there was persistent lag between the audio and video signal. Still I have purchased the DTH subscription and am testing my TV on it. I dont think it is due to the analog connection which I have. Are there any other troubleshooting methods? Please help.
    Last edited by Christia; 28-04-2010 at 04:09 PM.

In that case I will suggest that you contact the DTH provider and ask if there are any firmware updates for the DVR or Set top box which you are using as the old firmware of the DVR or Set top box are not compatible with the HD output of the TV due to which delay is present. After upgrading the firmware on the DVR or set top box check the performance of the TV on the DTH service.

For the High defination TV to work properly, the cable which are used for connecting the source signal to the TV. If the cable which are used to connect the source signal to the TV is not proper then there is bound to be some delay in the audio and video signal. Hence check the cable connecting the DVR to the TV and if required change the cable and check the performance of the TV. Hopefully changing the cable will solve the problem.

I was also facing the same problem with the Samsung HL-P4663w projection TV which I was using. There used to be lot of lag between the Audio and Video signal which caused lot of pain while watching TV. I called up the service center and got the TV checked. After thorough inspection of TV the technician clarified that the Lamp of the TV had to be replaced. After replacing the LAMP of the TV, the delay problem was solved. Hence I would suggest you get the Lamp of the TV replaced and see if the problem is solved or not.