Thread: Screen zoom changes by itself in Windows 7

Screen zoom changes by itself in Windows 7

I have Windows 7 installed on my HP laptop. I am having a strange problem which I have never seen or heard of and so I am unable to solve it. I have seen that zoom percentage keeps changing with out any user approval. I have also seen that some my Firefox bookmarks have been lost on its own. I have consulted with my friends who are tech savvy but even they were unable to fix it. Can you help me to solve this?

Re: Screen zoom changes by itself in Windows 7

Your problem is new to me, never seen or heard of. However I would suggest this could be some kind of malware running on your computer. Have you tried scanning your computer just to make sure if that's not the actual case? Other than that I can't find any problem with so less information.

I have tried running my QuickHeal antivirus but it didn't find any such malware activity. Even I thought of the samething but no results found until now. But I don't think Firefox bookmarks can be lost due to malware activity. Is there anyone else who have anything else to tell? Is there really a solution?

By that you mean you scanned but didn't found anything? Did you installed any software or toolbar or plugin recently? Firefox bookmark can be lost if there is some adware or spyware on your computer. Some plugins also comes with spyware or adware which causes such kind of issues. Make sure what so ever you have installed recently, have been removed completely and there are no traces of it on your computer.

QuickHeal is not the best antivirus software. It does not removes viruses or finds malicious software. It has been observed that in a lot of situations QuickHeal fails to remove trojans, spyware and adware. Instead you can go for MalwareBytes to remove any of the malicious software running on your computer. Install Malwarebytes and scan your PC.