Thread: HD 5870 Artifacts

HD 5870 Artifacts

Hello everyone,
    I have installed Sapphire HD 5870 Vapor-X (Rev. 2) some days before. In some games like Counter-Strike 1.6, Batman AA, Bioshock2, GTA IV, etc. artifacts appear after about 10 minutes, yet the card does not rise above 60 ° C. I have tried to do many things but nothing succeeded. So I thought to take some suggestions from you guys about the HD 5870 Artifacts. Hoping that someone would help me sooner.!!

Re: HD 5870 Artifacts

If it is a matter of overheating (seems to be the case despite 60 ° C read), it can perhaps be solved by manipulating the rad, if there's no real choice as the service after attempting to bomb a passage to remove dust. I would suggest you to try forcing the fan to 100% to eliminate overheating. It had however been told tlm single topic on 5870, you like playing with fire by purchasing its vapor-x rev.2. GTA IV is not a game of low, therefore, all low-core are not supported by GTA IV. So below 3 or 4 cores, the propensity of the game to go wrong increases dramatically. Unless you overclock your CPU to around 3 GHz, what you seem to have done, which implies that this is not the fault of the CPU. Anyway, at least to double the voltage and not to get cooler, it's almost never the fault of the CPU.

After knowing about an eVGA testing artifacts, I think that you will get some idea about it. eVGA currently testing an interesting software that will allow to check the stability of your graphics card and your machine in general. Based on the software FurMark, it displays a logo eVGA fur and lets see if the graphics card displays artifacts during rendering. In practice, if artifacts are present is that the card is not cooled and therefore typically too optimistic that overclocking has been done. Obviously, the program will also be able to give a score for your graphics card and can therefore serve as test bench, in the vast jungle of benchmarks.

FurMark is a tool well known (and quite effective) to detect AMD in its pilot program and automatically reduces the frequency of their graphics cards to avoid problems (and thus prevents verify the stability of a real map). So if you did not overclock not bother to check the stability of the card? FurMark is software that displays a ring surrounded by fur, a particularly stressful for GPUs, the computational complexity with the good idea to work on GPU intensive and thus to heat them.

Radeon HD 5870 can be considered as AMD's first DirectX 11. At the heart of the new Radeon HD 5000, we find a new graphics architecture. Although extensively revised from the old architecture of AMD, it maintains some similarities starting with its unified look. In development since 2007, the architecture of the Radeon HD 5000 presents various novelties such as a graphics engine radically different. The graphics engine is the name given to the group of units located between the command processor, which receives instructions from the system, and computation units themselves which will ultimately make all our operations on pixels before mixing to ultimately send them to the screen.

Before the conclusion, we could not resist to overclocking the HD5870 HIS, in order to see what it has in the stomach. While AMD's Catalyst drivers offer some functions related to overclocking, we expect to be limited by the small margin for overclocking authorized by the drivers. Ultimately no, the increase in frequency was quite difficult, and via drivers, the GPU has taken only 30MHz to 880MHz Finally, the memory, it went from 1200 to 1270MHz. When we raise additional 10MHz on the GPU or memory, encrusted artifacts in the image at the meeting of bench chart as OCCT. Another program, namely "AMD GPU Clock" is also consistent with the series HD5xxx, but when using it, we are entitled to completely black screen randomly during use, requiring a subsequent reboot of the machine.