Thread: Catalyst 10.2 Modded

Catalyst 10.2 Modded

Hi,
    I had installed a Catalyst 10.2 Modded driver in my pc. I am using Windows 7 right now. It worked for a while but after working sometime on it my system crashed suddenly. This is definitely the modded driver issue. Now I am going to get the drivers from officials site. I need some compatibility information the driver and other information on the new driver support.

Re: Catalyst 10.2 Modded

The version 10.2, AMD support the latest graphics card Radeon 5000 series, namely the Radeon HD 5450, Radeon HD 5570 and Radeon HD 5670. There are various bug fixes and performance improvements. The Catalyst 10.2 are a beautiful proof that multi-GPU is now well controlled and that its usefulness is becoming more lucrative in the games.

Most interesting however is in terms of functionality, with the first new Crossfire systems to reduce power consumption of the system. With Catalyst 10.2 for Windows Vista and Windows 7, the chip of the second graphics card into a mode of power supply ultra-low frequencies while the memory is minimized when you use your computer in an office setting, outside game 3D .

Instead of the modded version try to get the original soruce. The new Catalyst driver is equipped with the technology which is finally known as EyeFinity operational systems CrossFireX. Previously only the Radeon HD 5970 and its two processors graphs together on one card and even took advantage of this refinement. Therefore it is possible to opt for a configuration with three monitors with two graphics cards like Radeon HD 5850.

Still on CrossFireX, AMD has revised the architecture of pilots to deport the code multi-GPU 3D driver in a dedicated driver. he aim is to propose a system to implement faster innovations, facilitate the operation CrossFireX asymmetric solutions and propose a management profiles. Each game has a profile in an external file in XML format: the management of new titles is easier. And AMD's mainstream support for audio DisplayPort monitors.

Energy management has been revised for reduced consumption when two graphics cards are used, one of the cards going out at desktop use, AMD can finally deal with the power of NVIDIA Hybrid, these new drivers brings also support Display Port Audio and support EyeFinity is now supported when cross-fire is used. A new feature of the Catalyst 10.2 remains in the cross-profile management FireX now separated from the general driver with additional downloadable executable for each game profile.