Thread: GeForce GTX 295 working in linux?

GeForce GTX 295 working in linux?

I am having the desktop computer which is already loaded with the Windows Vista operating system. And i am planning to dual boot the system with the Ubuntu operating system which is based on the linux platform. So i want to know that the GeForce GTX 295 graphic card will work with the Ubuntu operating system or not. If anyone can provide the information about the drivers of this graphic card for the linux based operating systems.

Re: GeForce GTX 295 working in linux?

You are having the desktop computer which is having the Windows Vista operating system and this system has the GeForce GTX 295 graphic card. You are planning to install the Ubuntu operating system in your computer system and you want to know that will the GeForce GTX 295 graphic card will work with the Ubuntu operating system. I think it will work if you will install the proper driver software for it.

I think you will be having the drivers disc of the GeForce GTX 295 graphic card because the driver disc is provided by the manufacturer at the time of purchase. So insert the driver disc and install the driver for the linux based operating system. If this graphic card is compatible with the linux operating system then it will have the driver software in the disc. So install it properly in the system and after that it will work properly.

As stated by the Nvidia, this GeForce GTX 295 graphic card will work with both the 32 bit and the 64 bit operating systems. So this will also work with the 32 bit and 64 bit Ubuntu operating system. So you will need to download the driver software for the GeForce GTX 295 graphic card according to the version you are using in your desktop computer system.

You can download the driver software for the GeForce GTX 295 graphic card compatible with the Linux based operating system from the Nvidia website. Which will also work with the Ubuntu operating system, which you want to install in your desktop computer system. So you can download the driver software for this graphic card for the 32 bit Ubuntu from the link given below.
    http://www.nvidia.co.in/object/linux....36.15_in.html

For 64 bit Ubuntu operating system.
    http://www.nvidia.co.in/object/linux....36.15_in.html