Thread: EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP not recognized!

EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP not recognized!

Hi friends,
    I am having an issue with the EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP graphic card. When I am trying to log in, I am just seeing the white screen. For troubleshoot this issue, I tried to insert another graphic card of my friend which worked properly. Is there any fault in my card.?? Also when I spin the cube manually, it turn on and I can see it spin. But the windows are white and it spins very slowly. Please help me to sort out an issue of "EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP not recognized" Hope that somebody will help me soon.

Re: EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP not recognized!

I would like to suggest you to check the connection properly. As you told that other graphic card was working, that means there is no fault in your system. Also check the minimum requirements that are needed for the graphic card that you are using. The PSU might not providing the proper power to your graphic card that's why it is recognizing but the screen is not showed properly. I think that you need to increase the watts of your PSU.

The following are the requirements for the EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP, which you not satisfy then you may get the problems like white screen. The requirements are :
    • Minimum of a 680 power supply.
    • Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 46 Amps.

Since, you are getting the white screen, I am hoping that the connection are correct. The only thing is that your graphic card is not getting the proper power from the power supply unit. The graphic card that you checked of friend might require less power, that's why it might have worked. But your GTX 295, needs much power so you need to check your power supply unit.

You have checked the graphic card of your friend on your system. I would like to suggest you to check your GTX 295, on some other system that is having enough PSU. If the same problem is persisting, then there should be some fault while manufacturing. You will have to replace your card but such issues are very rare to happen. So even i think that your PSU is not providing the enough power to the graphics card which is required by it.

I am also using the EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP, and it is working flawlessly. Have you checked the nvidia-config?? Also try to use your own /etc/X11/xorg.conf file. Also downloaded the latest nvidia drivers from their Website. Because this issue may occur if you have not installed the latest driver that are required by your graphic card. While installing the drivers keep in mind that your drivers are compatible with the operating system that you are using.