Thread: Game crashes in desktop having ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphic card

Game crashes in desktop having ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphic card

I am having the desktop computer system which has the ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphic card in it. I am using the Windows Vista operating system in this desktop computer. There is problem with this computer when playing games. The game crashes in the desktop. I think there is some issues with the graphic card in this desktop. So help me out in resolving this issue.

Re: Game crashes in desktop having ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphic card

You are having problem with your desktop computer system loaded with the Windows Vista operating system and it has the ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphic card installed in it. you are saying that the games are crashing in this desktop computer system. So you are not able to play the game on your desktop. I will advice you to again attach the graphic card on the motherboard of your desktop computer system. may be this can resolve the problem.

You are saying that when you are playing games on your desktop computer system then the game crashes. But you have not mentioned which game you are trying to play on this desktop. So i think first you should mention the game which is crashing on this system after that we will be able to provide the solution of this issue. So mention the name of the game over here.

I think you have not installed the proper driver software of the ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphic card compatible with the Windows Vista operating system. So first of all remove the old version of the driver software and after that install the driver software and restart the desktop computer system. After that the game crashing issue will be resolved of your desktop computer system.

I am also having the same problem in my desktop which also have the ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphic card in it. In my system the game crashes when i play the games on the mortal online website. But all the other games are working on my system. So what can be possible reasons for this type of issue. I dont think that this issue is related with the graphic card.

The ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphic card has the support for the Microsoft DirectX 10.1 support for the gaming. So make sure that the game you are playing on your system is not require higher DirectX support grater than the 10.1, So the game will crash if it require the higher than 10.1. So bring the new graphic card which supports the higher Microsoft DirectX gaming than the ATI Radeon HD 4890 graphic card.

Hi, I had the same problem that all of you guys above...
    MY SOLUTION was this: After I tried with different Catalysts versions I tried updating my mother's BIOS and VOILA!!
    Crysis, GTA IV, NFS SHIFT and so on, all games are working perfectly

FYI: No matter what happens with NFS Shift DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT uninstall PhysX. I assumed that since I was having an ATI card that wouldn't be important... turned out I was wrong.

Hope it helped

HM.