Thread: What is a EOL Component

What is a EOL Component

Hi,
    I had gone to a nearby shot to buy a Netbook. My choice fits to a configuration where I was getting 4GB RAM and a Radeon HD 3200 GPU support. But the configuration details was markets as EOP next to the cards name. This creates a doubt in my mind about the same. There was also a price difference among the other model with same configuration. What is this EOL component.

Re: What is a EOL Component

A EOL stands for End of Life and also known as legacy component. The netbook which you are trying to buy if has this mark on this then that means the product which is in the netbook is no longer has the manufacturer's support. EOL products or components are those products which are discontinued by the company but still some remains available in the market for sale.

That is right a EOL and Legacy are those produce which are not longer made in the company. They are stopped and the remaining stock in the market is termed as EOL. The EOL products has limited support from the manfacturer's side and some does not have any support. In some case the EOL products does not work properly with new OS and applications.

Yes that is correct. Some EOL products really does not work with newer operating system and applications. Because as the company has stopped making them they are not also not providing the latest drivers and support on it. They has stopped development and research on that product. I will not recommend you to buy this product because in future you can face compatibility issues.

First of all it is very important that you must first verify the compatibility of EOL products with the newer application. Otherwise in this case you are wasting your money. The best way to check this is to check the manufacturer's sites for the list of compatibility terms related to that hardware. The most basic problem is the driver issues which are stopped and not updated.

They are the discontinued product and the product which you are purchasing is from the remaining stock. There is a very limited warranty on that product. This is the reason why you can notice a slight amount of price differentiate in the products cost. I will better advice you spend a little bit of more amount and buy a similar product which has regular updates.

An end-of-life component is an obsolete component that has been set to the end-of-life state. A component is set to end-of-life rather than deleted, so that it remains available for use with existing configurations and can fulfill the dependencies of existing components.