Thread: How to change Catalyst Control Center Message Settings

How to change Catalyst Control Center Message Settings

Hi,
    I have a ATI Radeon Graphic card on my computer. I am right now using Windows XP. Now what had happened here is that I had downloaded a latest drivers for the card. But after installing them I got a message that I am not able to adjust my advanced feature from the Control center. What is the reason of this issue. Other thing is that I have a monitor a bit old one, in which I am trying to connect the same to the Graphic card with a third party adapter. But that does not work.

Re: How to change Catalyst Control Center Settings Message

It is quiet possible to do some changes in the Control Center Message Settings. For this to enable the Windows Event Log service you have to do this. Open the Run box from start menu and then type services.msc. In the Event log right click and choose properties. Then under the startup type choose the Automatic and then apply. Reboot your system for better result.

If you are making changes in the Catalyst Control Center you must set the user account as administrator or otherwise that will not work properly. For this enter the control panel and then go to user account, choose your account and set the profile as administrator. This will make the settings work under every account relevant to the pop up messages.

For changing the Message settings in Catalyst Control Center one most important thing that you will need to do is you have to Rebuilt the Windows WMI Repository. Otherwise whatever you do nothing will work. For this run cmd in your PC and then type net stop winmgmt. Now go to system32\wbem directory in your Windows folder and remove the Repository directory. Now in cmd type net start winmgmt and hit enter.

The issue with the DVI-D is that the monitor with this connection will only accept the digital input signal via DVI-D connector. This types of monitors can only be used with those GPU which have this connection otherwise you can do nothing here. The main reason behind this is that the DVI-D connector does not actually supports the GPU's which lacks this connection as their inability to get iput from VGA Graphic adapters.

If your monitor has a DVI-D connector then than work directly from your GPU connected to it. And also a monitor with DVI-D connector can work with DFP or ADC output card connected via a third party adapter. In many cases some monitors either TFT or Flat panel needs a third party converter connection which enable them to connect to the Graphic card.