Thread: Getting full screen display from Nvidia Card

Getting full screen display from Nvidia Card

Hi,
    It is common that Nvidia GPU's like TNT, TNT2 and GeForce does not give out a full screen image on TV. I am facing the same problem. I have a Windows PC with Nvidia GeForce support. I had added a LCD TV to my computer to view some HD videos. Now the TV images is being cut off from the corner sides. How to stretch those images by the Nvidia Control panel.

Re: Getting full screen display from Nvidia Card

That is right that Nvidia cards like GeForce does not give out a full screen output display on TV. What happens here that the images are cuts by 5% to 10% from the edges. There are no other settings in it which can change this settings. The only solution for this is to use up a TVTool software. It is a third party support tool to adjust the TV video.

I will too recommend you the same. TVTools has the tendency to transform your PC to a type of media server. The tool is designed to replace the support from video card which is not so satisfying. The software works wells on the TV_Out support. The most important aspect of this software is that it has a inbuilt application which can be used as the control center for Nvidia cards .

The problem you have mentioned is a common one. This is called as Overscan. This means your Television is reducing your TV screen to some amount in order to give out a better display. This is problem is mainly associated with some Nvidia cards. But you have to note down that the same can cause hardware issues in your TV. So at once get TVTool and install that in your computer. Stream your video via it.

TVTool simply allows you to stop the shrinking mode which is normally used by Nvidia Cards. This mode is enabled by default in the card settings. We get a control panel software for all the cards to setup the minimal settings. This software are use for BT868 or BT869 TV encoder chips. But that does not matter here much. You can just try to fiddle around with some settings or leave it as it is.

You can see some option in your TV menu settings. I have a LCD TV which is connected to my Media center PC. In the menu settings I had found the TV screen ratio settings which helps me to stretch the screen as I need to do that. In most of the new TV sets the settings are provided. I am not sure about the old models. But this sometime makes the video output more blurry.