Thread: .icm file in 15.1-inch Viewable Area LCD Dual Input Monitor

.icm file in 15.1-inch Viewable Area LCD Dual Input Monitor

hi,
    I recently purchased 15.1-inch Viewable Area LCD Dual Input Monitor.I have installed windows xp operating system in it.Actually i want to know that how system handled color management software.Actually i don't have much knowledge about .icm file,so anyone tell me that how it work in system?

Re: .icm file in 15.1-inch Viewable Area LCD Dual Input Monitor

LCD Dual Input Monitor,it is 15.1-inch diagonal size.Its Pixel Pitch is 0.243 mm RGB stripe.The pixel configuration of that type of monitor which is RGB vertical stripe.The power supply is 90-264 VAC (50-60 Hz) as well as PC Connection is in Analog mode.If you installed windows xp operating system in your system then Microsoft Windows XP automatically detects the type upon start up.In Windows XP, the monitor type is set to Plug and Play Monitor for the monitor driver an icm is a image color matching file.It contain a color system profile for a particular application or device like any scanner or printer.

In Windows 95 and possibly other operating systems, an ICM also called as Image Color Matching file contains a color system profile for a particular application or particular device.An .icm file contains a color system profile,which profile is used by the color management software.It translates color data from one device to another device,based on an independent color space.This allows the color system used by one computer device to match the colors used by other applications and devices on the same or other computer platforms.An ICM file usually carries the suffix ".icm".

Terminology is not connected to information retrieval in any way but focused on the meaning and conveyance of concepts.A monitor may able to use an icm file depending on some factors like it depend on operating system.It also depend on some video driver as well as a factor,if a color profile for the specific monitor exists.For the installation a monitor color profile like firstly go to the start menu then point to setting after that click the control panel.then double-click the Display icon.click to setting tab and advanced properties.Finally In the Advanced Properties dialog box, click the Color Management tab then click Add and select the file that matches the monitor from the System Restoration CD.

ICM files are used by the Kodak Professional Color System and other color management systems.An ICM file for the current display can be selected in Windows by opening the Display Control Panel and selecting "Display Properties;" then click Settings->Advanced Properties->finally Color Management.An .icm file contains a color system profile which is translates color data from one device to another device based on an independent color space.if you got any registry error then run a free registry scan.