Thread: Enable Nvidia Physx on Ati cards.

Enable Nvidia Physx on Ati cards.

Hello Everybody, I am using windows 7 on my computer and it has ATI graphic card as its primary card and recently i have bought a new Nvidia card which i have putted in as a secondary graphic card. Problem starts here that when i use Nvidia card, ATI card gets disabled, How can i run both the card on a single monitor? How do i enable Nvidia Phsyx on Ati cards?

What you need to run Nvidia Phsyx + Ati cards.

It is a much popular problem that Nvidia card disables the ATI card which is a primary graphic card. You need to have followings if you want to run both Nvidia Phsyx + Ati cards at the same time. This couls work only if you are having windows XP or 7.
    1. Any Nvidia Geforce 8 series and above (recommended: 8800GT or higher)
    2. DVI to VGA adapter (this comes free with most GPUs)
    3. 3 pcs 68 ohms 1W resistors
    4. Existing ATI Driver (I had the official ATI 9.12, not the hotfix one)
    5. Nvidia 195.XX Driver or later (I used 195.62)
    6. Nvidia PhysX 9.09.1112 Driver or later (optional - no need if already have an older version)
    7. PhysX patch/mod/crack (1.02) (The old PhysX patch/crack v1.01 won't work with Nvidia 195.XX drivers)

Steps to enable Nvidia Phsyx on Ati cards.

Here are the steps by which you can enable your primary ATI card with the working Nvidia secondary card.
    1. Plug in your Nvidia gpu.
    2. Make yourself a dummy vga to be plugged into your Nvidia GPU to fool your GPU.
    3A. Install Nvidia drivers then windows 7 automatically detects your drivers, just install on top of it w/ the new Nvidia driver without uninstalling the existing ATI driver.
    3B(Optional). Install Nvidia PhysX.
    4. Run "msconfig" and boot into safe mode.
    5. Now apply the PhysX patch. Here you have to choose for the "cake" option.
    6. Boot with normal mode, go to desktop resolution.
    7. You will see 2 monitors over here out of which first will be your current monitor and second is from your dummy VGA.
    8. By clicking on detect and you will see 2 grey imaginary monitors.
    9. Choose one and from the Display drop-down select "available display output on [nvida video card]", leave resolution and orientation as is. Then choose "try connect anyway on vga" and Apply. On the Multiple displays drop-down, select "extend desktop to this display".
    10. Go to Nvidia control panel then 3D settings. Click to set PhysX configuration and make it Enabled.

re: Enable Nvidia Physx on Ati cards.

Thank you so much David23, I have tried the same on my computer and VOILA!!! IT WORKED OUT FOR ME ! I was trying this from last four days but never though of this could also happen. I have really felt that my computer has been fooled by me. Thanks Again!!! Now i can enjoy most of the games from my collection.